My 12L: An Iwagumi style Nature Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fort384 said:
This is from about a week ago... Still marching eastward.

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! I can't believe all that HC started from two stems! Do you trim and replant? Or does it spread like that due to just trimming? Do you still have algae problems?

I actually did after you yelled at me last time Bernard. It is on the far right, cut off in the pic I posted.

Brian_Nano12g said:
Wow! Absolutely beautiful! I can't believe all that HC started from two stems! Do you trim and replant? Or does it spread like that due to just trimming? Do you still have algae problems?

Some hair algae still but not bad. I haven't done much trimming or replanting. A few weeks ago I did finally move some HC over to the far right so Bernie would stop yellin at me :)

Looks great!!

I can't wait to get some flora in mine and patiently wait for it to grow...lol.

Thanks guys. It is coming along. I have learned through the years that I like simple when it comes to plant selection. This is the fewest number of species of plants I have kept in a tank and I am pleased so far with how it is turning out as it grows in.

Could somebody attempt something similar to this without the co2? I have no experience of plant growing but love the
Concept. Is stock LED lighting capable?

It would be difficult to achieve compact growth without CO2 supplementation and with stock lighting.

With the intensity of the LEDs I have on this tank, coupled with the shallow depth, I keep the co2 up around 35ppm. If the co2 system lapses it only takes about 2 days before the algae starts to explode.

Back
Top Bottom