My 12L: An Iwagumi style Nature Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
aqua_chem said:
My other thought is your little three rock pile on the left. Maybe try removing the smallest one and fiddling with the remaining two?
Yes, try removing one. I thought the middle one maybe and moving the one on the right (smaller one) over to the left a bit?

fort384 said:
Ok took a hybrid of the ideas. Better I think.

Yes. IMO the larger stone in the bunch of small stones on the left Is too distracting. It's in the wrong place.

The stone you rotated in the larger bunch on the right needs to be pushed further into the substrate and maybe moved slightly to the right in front of the largest stone.

(I feel like I'm being rude! Sorry if I am)

Not being rude. I appreciate the feedback.

I am pretty happy with the way the grouping on the right looks. I will probably mess around a bit more with the stones on the left.

I really like where you went with the new hard scape. I'm sure you'll get it just perfect with some tweaking. I'll definitely be watching this thread. :)

Thanks Marcie. Plants will arrive tomorrow. I also found 20 boraras brigittae! I think I found the last supply in the states - they weren't easy to come by.

I think the ingredients for the tank are complete... now I just have to plant 100 stems of HC. UGH. I love the plant, but I hate planting it :).

Thanks FF.

Steve, sent him a PM. Thanks for the lead.

Blyxa J. arrived today from Jonathan. The rest of the plants (minus the UG) will be here tomorrow. Will snap some pics after I plant it up and get it filled with water. Going to plant the HC with the water filled just to the level of the substrate. I think that is going to make it much easier to deal with.

I reckon that would make it easier to handle also do u have those tweezers that people use to plant plants with that helps too. Also can't wait for this to be photographed.
How are u going with the hard scape have u found the right combo?

Yup, I have some good forceps for planting. They will definitely come in handy.

Unfortunately, my plant order got delayed by the post office until Monday. It should have been delivered yesterday, and now it got delayed another day. We will see if the plants survive until Monday I guess. I hope they are not sitting outside in a truck somewhere...

fort384 said:
Yup, I have some good forceps for planting. They will definitely come in handy.

Unfortunately, my plant order got delayed by the post office until Monday. It should have been delivered yesterday, and now it got delayed another day. We will see if the plants survive until Monday I guess. I hope they are not sitting outside in a truck somewhere...

Do you have postal insurance because you could get your money back

Ok so the USPS tracking lied. They were delivered. Planted and filled. Pretty cloudy yet but here it is after the initial planting.

Attachments

• image-2393702723.jpg
    image-2393702723.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom