My 150g Riparium... (Picture heavy)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now quick question for you, are you planning on filling the tank to the top, or just to there?

WOW WOW WOW....That tank is AWESOMMMMMEEEEE! (And spendy LOL) Love the fish, as I have a weakness for bettas. I know the "about" price you paid for those guys. Are you breeding them?

Some alright video of the tank. I'll shot some better one of these days when the wife is out with the little one so I can cover hte floor and eliminate all the glare.

Craig

WOW WOW WOW....That tank is AWESOMMMMMEEEEE! (And spendy LOL) Love the fish, as I have a weakness for bettas. I know the "about" price you paid for those guys. Are you breeding them?

I will probably let them breed in the tank, I may pull a pair into another tank if I feel adventurous at some point.

Craig

Well, I removed the African Violets today, they jsut didn't flow with the tank very well. In there place I put in a few Epti-Trellis rafts with:

Trellis #1- Anubias 'Barteri' and Anubias 'Gold'
Trellis #2- Anubias Short and Sweet, Anubias 'Barteri', Anubias 'Gold'
Trellis #3- Anubias 'Gold'

I'm awaiting a shipment of Anubias Marbled which I hope will fill in the areas abit more. May have to find a crypt or something to fill a couple of planters. Any suggestions on a nice marbled or pinkish crypt? I want softer colored ones..

My Limnophilia Aromatica has gone to the wayside it jsut never took off and went the other way. I gave it time but it melted.
icon_sad.gif

I did add some more Anubias 'Gold' to the underwater portion as well in a few prime locations.

Craig

Duckweed, it looks the most natural, I have a bunch of different floaters and this is the one I will probably stick with.

Craig

Very cool, I am really enjoying the pictures, and will continue to enjoy them.

Okay. So when are you going to invite the club over so that we can see it in person?

As far as the emersed plants go, have you considered trying some orchids attached to the wood? With the humidity in the tank, you could probably find quite a few varieties that would work nicely.

Okay. So when are you going to invite the club over so that we can see it in person?

As far as the emersed plants go, have you considered trying some orchids attached to the wood? With the humidity in the tank, you could probably find quite a few varieties that would work nicely.

Once it grows in I figured I would invite those that wanted to come check it out over. Actually Orchids have been talked about previously I just haven't done any research. On my main planted forum one of the guys keeps a carnivorous emmersed tank and had suggested I try I think they were called Nepenthes or something like that.

If you want to come see it lmk when, ps once your tanks setup I'll have some Tiger shrimp if your interested, they will probably be Blue though.

Craig

Ok, this is cool. I love these things. That would look great with some activity at the top. Maybe some white tree frogs. ;) But nice job by the way.

Welp, I'm only running on 2 lights right now.
icon_sad.gif
One of my lights ddin't come on so I thought maybe faulty bulb. That wasn't the case, so I checked the fuse on the Ballast and it was fine. Turned the ballast off then on again and it went up in smoke. My livingroom stink right now and the tank is runnign on 2/3rds lighting.

A quick call to Drs Foster and Smith and they are shipping me a new setup and I will send this one back via RMA to them. Was told 4-7 days but if it is like any other FedEx Ground shipment from them I should have it Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom