My 20G Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
callisto9 said:
Thank you! I'm happy to be doing this one the RIGHT way instead of how I got into fish-keeping (like everyone else) the first time a few months ago.

I can't wait to add fish!

Yeah I have four tanks so far and starting my next tank.. Gonna follow this thread can't wait to see the fish.....

How much would one blue one cost??
Most people won't just sell one. It's not cost effective. You could ask the seller for blue - I'm sure they have them.

OR, check out the classifieds here and post a thread about wanting one. I'm sure someone has some. I'm sure in 3 mos. I'll have a bunch. They breed like mad.

Foliveira323 said:
Yeah I have four tanks so far and starting my next tank.. Gonna follow this thread can't wait to see the fish.....

I have 4 tanks too!!! And I already filled this thread :lol:

callisto9 said:
Most people won't just sell one. It's not cost effective. You could ask the seller for blue - I'm sure they have them.

OR, check out the classifieds here and post a thread about wanting one. I'm sure someone has some. I'm sure in 3 mos. I'll have a bunch. They breed like mad.

How much would u sell one to me for??

How much would u sell one to me for??

Well, they don't "color up" for awhile, so I'm not sure which are the blue ones. I'd send ya' one for just postage, but they are really, really small right now. Does your LFS have them? I didn't think mine did, but upon closer inspection, he had some.

callisto9 said:
Well, they don't "color up" for awhile, so I'm not sure which are the blue ones. I'd send ya' one for just postage, but they are really, really small right now. Does your LFS have them? I didn't think mine did, but upon closer inspection, he had some.

No mine dosnt have any I've been looking for almost 3 months for them in my LPS:/

Aw @$#% I want some:( but my parents probably won't let me ps: I'm 13
Go ask in the Classifieds section. Or wait awhile and I'll send you some. :) I got a couple of purple/magenta mystery snails from a user here and they are ADORABLE.

callisto9 said:
Go ask in the Classifieds section. Or wait awhile and I'll send you some. :) I got a couple of purple/magenta mystery snails from a user here and they are ADORABLE.

Nice all I've ever had is apple snails and mystery snails:/

Ryleyman said:
I want ramshorns sooo bad but I don't know where to find them where did you get yours??

Check your LFS first too. I go to mine to get feeder snails and often there's a colorful ramshorn or two included with them. They're probably just pest snails there so they might even give you some for free.

Update on my tank.

Parameters:
Ammo: .25ppm
NtrAte: 5.0ppm
NtrIte: .50ppm
pH: 8.2

Some of my plants are melting. My two crypts are gone completely. My water wisteria which was doing excellent in my other tank, the tips are melting. Some of the Val is melting. The anachris (also from my old tank) is turning light and melting.

:nono:

Kinda frustrating.

That stupid Val won't stay planted for anything, either.

Water change tomorrow. Re-test again. *sigh*

Update on my tank.
Some of my plants are melting. My two crypts are gone completely. My water wisteria which was doing excellent in my other tank, the tips are melting. Some of the Val is melting. The anachris (also from my old tank) is turning light and melting. QUOTE]

Melting happens sometimes and while it's irritating just wait and the plants will start regrowing. Just leave them alone and they usually recover once they acclimate to the new tank conditions.

I don't know if I should change out my lighting. Will LEDs be ok for this planted tank? Something tells me they won't. And most of the lighting I look at means I'd lose my hood (obviously), and with an open top like that, won't fish be able to jump out?

Your lights don't look bright enough to grow anything other than low light plants. I don't know what you have other than looking at your pics, though. Having said that, if you go with very bright lights you'll need co2. I just put a 20 watt LED daylight waterproof floodlight that I found from eBay on my 20 gallon planted tank and it seems to be ideal for my setup. Only cost me about $25 shipped. I put it right inside my hood. Only time will tell how well it will perform.

Back
Top Bottom