My 20g Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I 100% love your stock list though I'd get a pair of rams and wait until your dwarf hair grass is well rooted and growing before adding the cories. It can be a bit troublesome to keep any low growing ground cover rooted with bottom feeders. I only added my first bottom feeders Saturday (Kuhli loaches). I waited until the HC was stable and I'm very glad I went that way.

I 100% love your stock list though I'd get a pair of rams and wait until your dwarf hair grass is well rooted and growing before adding the cories. It can be a bit troublesome to keep any low growing ground cover rooted with bottom feeders. I only added my first bottom feeders Saturday (Kuhli loaches). I waited until the HC was stable and I'm very glad I went that way.

I actually decided against any ground carpet in this tank. The plants are too thick and with the DW there really isn't much usable substrate for a carpet to grow in.

Anyway, I can't decide if I want to do a pair of bolivian rams or a pair of GBRs. I'm dead set on the others though.

I'd recommend German Blues but that's just personal preference. I used to keep them and they're stunning. If you use peat or Indian almond leaves to lightly tint the water they'll color up beautifully. I use Indian almond leaves for my neons and cherry red shrimp.

Here is the tank one week later. The Anacharis grew to the surface in 5 days, so I was able to trim it back and planted three new stems. I added to Pygmy Chain Swords and finally received my Flame Moss.

Had some diatoms and green dust algae starting to show up, so I've added 5 Nerite Snails.

img_2292189_0_70a18be2e9261412369d26280ec97ae4.jpg

I did a little rescape. I was having some problems with the water sitting still in the back right corner, so I purchased a Koralia Nano water pump. We'll see how it helps.

I switched locations of the Water Sprite and Wisteria, as well as the Ludwigia Glandulosa and my Amazon Sword. The Water Sprite wasn't getting as much light tucked behind the DW and now it seems to be taking off in growth. I haven't seen as much growth yet, from the Sword.

I also spread everything out a bit more to give each stem plant more space and the Moneywort really responded to that.

img_2299738_0_099ef4cab58bb944922ddcf3afa3c705.jpg

Nice guppies! Cobras are some of my favorites by far. I'm guessing you're going for lots of babies with three females.

You got it. My LFS will take them and give me store credit for them. I figured it's a good way to pay for fish food.

Looking good! What's the red plant in the right? How's that Hydor circulation pump working out? I just ordered one for my 26g, but I have some worry about too much flow in a smaller aquarium.

It's Ludwigia Glandulosa. I got the Koralia Nano 240. At first I thought it was going to be too strong but I think it's working just fine.

I have 4 Red Cobra Guppies in there and they love swimming in the current.

It's Ludwigia Glandulosa. I got the Koralia Nano 240. At first I thought it was going to be too strong but I think it's working just fine.

I have 4 Red Cobra Guppies in there and they love swimming in the current.

Yeah we both (Brian and I) got the nano 240. Angelfish like minimal current, so mine don't really like the corner of the tank where my pump is lol

Back
Top Bottom