My 29g high tech tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've the BML 6300k Dutch light. Not the xb one. At first I thought it wasn't enough light because I see no pearling. But a few days later I started to notice great growth. I still get no pearling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the same light but the xb version. You running co2? Dry ferts? Substrate? Special root tabs? Im curious

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've the paintball co2 set-up, pps pro, seachem iron, eco complete and homemade root tabs ( sorry can't remember the name)

I've the paintball co2 set-up, pps pro, seachem iron, eco complete and homemade root tabs ( sorry can't remember the name)

Almost same setup as mine except ive got a rubbish substrate. Maybe my ar mini just needs time

Almost same setup as mine except ive got a rubbish substrate. Maybe my ar mini just needs time

maybe. Do you dose iron? I dose 1ml/gallon everyday.

I'm not sure that's ar mini.. may just be ar cardinales. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure that's ar mini.. may just be ar cardinales. .

They were labeled as the mini.

They were labeled as the mini.

Oh, cool, nm than.. i have both and the cardinales looks very similar, just taller. Tank looks really great abe..

Thanks buddy. I'm not an expert in IDing the plants. I only know what the label said. They all look kind of the same to me. Lol.

Thanks buddy. I'm not an expert in IDing the plants. I only know what the label said. They all look kind of the same to me. Lol.

I hear you.. i take pictures of all my plant labels with my phone because I forget them the next day..

maybe. Do you dose iron? I dose 1ml/gallon everyday.

Which iron are you dosing? Even so there's a debate and some say it's a myth that Fe helps reds, but I've noticed better reds when I dose Fe, too.

Haha. You do that too? I thought I was the only one. I bought most of my plants from eBoy.

Which iron are you dosing? Even so there's a debate and some say it's a myth that Fe helps reds, but I've noticed better reds when I dose Fe, too.

I use the seachem brand. I've seen better result with it.

Yea i dose iron every other day. Nowhere near as much as you though

Yea i dose iron every other day. Nowhere near as much as you though

I don't know what to tell you. I guess I'm doing something different. Lol

So your saying i could dose 20ml in my 20G??
I only dose 3ml every other day lol

I'm sorry I meant 1ml/10 gallon. Hate typos.

Ah ok so im not actually far from your dosing then

I guess not. I sometimes go up to 4ml a day. The fish and shrimps seems to be ok.

I dose about 1ml/10 gal a day and it certainly isn't hurting anything, my ar card is pretty pretty red.. the undersides of the leaves are purple and the mini is looking pretty good too.. I've never not dosed the iron so I guess I have no baseline comparison...

I just started using the seachem brand too. I used to get good results from API Leaf Zone. I think when my Seachem runs out, I'm going to try the chelated Fe from GLA.

I heard that Seachem's premium line, AquaVitro has a good iron supplement. But it's also more expensive.

@Sk3lly - do you get Borneowild products in the UK?

Back
Top Bottom