My 40b mess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks nice, you did a fine job aquascaping. After it fills in you may have to rearrange a bit but it looks nice.

Thanks, I really need to get my pressurized system soon. Probably won't be until after Christmas though.

1 litre of purigen will treat 1000 gallons, very carefully if you decide to regenerate the purigen - speaking from experience it can be tricky, always use standard thin bleach with the regeneration - I used a long lasting thick bleach the last time I regenerated with pretty bad results. The tannins will eventually reduce over time, and is good for the fish you keep, used to hate how tannin water looked, but love it now.

1 litre of purigen will treat 1000 gallons, very carefully if you decide to regenerate the purigen - speaking from experience it can be tricky, always use standard thin bleach with the regeneration - I used a long lasting thick bleach the last time I regenerated with pretty bad results. The tannins will eventually reduce over time, and is good for the fish you keep, used to hate how tannin water looked, but love it now.

It's growing on me, but this is too dark. I put it in a glass and it looks like apple cider:). Thanks for the tip!

After wc, before purigen. Can't wait to see how it's gonna work.

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 99
Hi Reygan2, I just want to say I think you've done a wonderful job with the aquascaping and your tank looks so lush now. I wish i lived closer, would have asked you to do mine as well lol. I'm hopeless when it comes to aquascaping. Not familiar with the Finnex light systems so can't comment on the lighting, but what I can say is that I really believe your tank has the potential to look absolutely STUNNING with a bit of tweaking here and there, andI can't wait to see pics once it's all fixed up :) Goodluck!

I have a Finnex FugeRay on my tiny 5 gallon and it's perfect. On a tank your size I think the Ray II would be the better option. It's pricier but it would be fine to use both if that's ever fiscally doable.

You can use co2 in nearly any light environment. Gotta say, your layout is working great in my opinion. If you get some strong angels I doubt they'd be anything other than very happy.

I have a Finnex FugeRay on my tiny 5 gallon and it's perfect. On a tank your size I think the Ray II would be the better option. It's pricier but it would be fine to use both if that's ever fiscally doable.

You can use co2 in nearly any light environment. Gotta say, your layout is working great in my opinion. If you get some strong angels I doubt they'd be anything other than very happy.

Thanks, so far the remaining angels are doing really well. Several weeks ago I added frozen beefheart their diet and I've seen so much growth already. I also ordered Repashy and it just arrived so I hope the ones I have will thrive and grow to maturity. I'm going back and forth on CO2. I would love some sort of carpet in the open space in front which would probably require it, I was just concerned about having enough light.

Look up dwarf four leaf clover. I have some growing under the same light you're using. It's a nice low light foreground plant.

Look up dwarf four leaf clover. I have some growing under the same light you're using. It's a nice low light foreground plant.

Thank you, I will. I've never ordered plants online before and I've been really limited as to what I can find locally. Do you have any recommendations for a good online source?

Aquarium Plants.com is good plus check the classified or place an add on the AA forum.

Rivercats said:
Aquarium Plants.com is good plus check the classified or place an add on the AA forum.

That's where I ordered all my plants. Every single one came in great shape and are growing. May need to get an insulated box and a heat pack this time of year from whoever you order from. They have them as add-ons for a few bucks. You can call them and ask just to be sure unless there's a small warm spell. Some fish shops can special order plants if you ask also.

Hi Reygan2, I just want to say I think you've done a wonderful job with the aquascaping and your tank looks so lush now. I wish i lived closer, would have asked you to do mine as well lol. I'm hopeless when it comes to aquascaping. Not familiar with the Finnex light systems so can't comment on the lighting, but what I can say is that I really believe your tank has the potential to look absolutely STUNNING with a bit of tweaking here and there, andI can't wait to see pics once it's all fixed up :) Goodluck!

Thanks Paul, always a work in progress. I rearranged my dw yesterday and it looks a little better. The wc helped clear up the tannin issue but it's still a little cloudy though. I'll probably add the Purigen in the next day or so. Maybe someday my tank will look as nice as yours! ;)

Reygan2 said:
Thanks Paul, always a work in progress. I rearranged my dw yesterday and it looks a little better. The wc helped clear up the tannin issue but it's still a little cloudy though. I'll probably add the Purigen in the next day or so. Maybe someday my tank will look as nice as yours! ;)

No worries Reygan and thanks also for the compliment :) I've always been a firm believer that if you put in a lot of time, effort, commitment and pour a lot of passion into fish-keeping or any other hobby for that matter, you will definitely reap the rewards and it will all come good for you in the long run! From reading many of your posts, you are that sort of person, you have tried almost anything and everything to get your tank being successful, looking amazing and having healthy fish as well so I am confident you will ultimately achieve success! Keep at it and don't ever lose that wonderful enthusiasm and passion of yours! ;)

Back
Top Bottom