My 54 gallon tank journal ADA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to be starting this thread as my tank journal. Its a 54 gallon tank that is going to be turned into a planted tank using ADA aqua soil and power sand.

Specs:

Ehiem 2215 filter
Coralife 130 watt fixture
ADA aquasoil
Manzanita Driftwood
Pressurized c02

Right now the tank has no plants in it yet and houses some discus and other fish. So my plan is once my driftwood is done soaking i am going to give fish away take all water out and add new soil and hardscape. I am thinking about using HC as my forgound and having other plants entwing with the wood. lmk if you see anything wrond with my plan. I am going to be dosing gregwatson dry ferts.

Heres some pics of how the tank looks now:

order
img_757630_0_c9ceb3f26eaa7dcf01cb578378d033d6.jpg

Under the tank
img_757630_1_da88373ca421999564b0649c553282ef.jpg

I am open to all suggestions and hope that this will turn out to be a sucesful project and not just an algae saturated tank.

From an aquascaping staindoint, I think it looks too symmetrical. Trying mxing it up a bit so things look more natural than placed.

I am not sure if you read my post but that is not what the tank is going to look like. Thats just how it looks now and everything in it will be thrown away.

I think you will absolutlely love the ease of planting in Aquasoil. Not to mention the plants that you can grow in it. I look forward to following this thread. And take Tom's advice to heart. You can't go wrong emulating some of the AGA tanks :)

Oh, you mentioned "entwining" which made me think of Hydrocotyle leucocephala. Of all the weeds I've grown it is the most "ivy-like". It will "twine" like nothing else. Contact me or czcz if you would like a specimen :)

Back
Top Bottom