My 55 planted build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are your nitrate and phosphate levels? Do you test for them weekly? Browning tips, especially if the brown continues to move inwards on the leaves is a sign of nutrient deficiency usually. BBA will usually have a fuzzy look even when it's just forming. A picture would help to tell which it is. Have you increased your Glut since adding more light? You may need to up it to 1ml Glut per 2g of water. When you add more light you need more liquid carbon or CO2 and usually more ferts due to faster plant growth.

And let hubby laugh all he want's as many of us put more focus on our plants than our fish!

ForumRunner_20130906_135002.jpg

ForumRunner_20130906_135013.jpg

I do test weekly
phosphate. 5-1.0
nitrates 5
so i went down to 5ml PPS-Pro bc of algae.. probably shouldn't have?
what should I dose

I would go back to your normal dose as ferts are rarely ever the reason for algae. I just can't tell on the pic's but it just doesn't seen right for the start of BBA. I'd go back to dosing the ferts and up the Glut. Then keep your eye on things. If you start to see any fuzziness starting you'll know it's BBA starting but I don't think that's it.

I would go back to your normal dose as ferts are rarely ever the reason for algae. I just can't tell on the pic's but it just doesn't seen right for the start of BBA. I'd go back to dosing the ferts and up the Glut. Then keep your eye on things. If you start to see any fuzziness starting you'll know it's BBA starting but I don't think that's it.

so how many ml of PPS-Pro do you suggest?
and tomorrow I will up my glut 1ml per 2gal

I'd go back to what you were dosing before you cut it back by half. Your nitrate and phosphate levels need to be higher than what you posted since cutting your PPS-Pro dosing.

ForumRunner_20131008_153807.jpg

tank as of today! still trying to figure glut amt and light hrs! still have a little bit of BBA
I'm reading algae on glass is from not enough light . is that right??
what's the max glut and PPS-Pro for a 55gal

In most tanks but not all you can usually go up to 1ml Glut to every gallon of water BUT this has to be done slowly AND if the water ever clouds as your increasing your dosage then you have to go back down to the amount that the tank water didn't cloud at. I would not suggest pushing past the 1:1 ratio. Just do it slow and water your stock.

As for ferts, well I use the 1ml micro to every 10 gallons but then I use as much or little of the nitrate and phosphate/potassium mix as I need to attain my desired levels.

Back
Top Bottom