My 56 Gallon Column

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow that is really nice! How long have you had the plants? They are a fair size. Nice placement of the larger plants. Gives the feeling of a jungle clearing.

The tank has been set up for 5 months.. the vals in the back was about 3 plants when I planted it, and now i would guess that it is closer to about 25 all with runners. The red tiger lotus in the front with the broad leaves I picked up about 3 months ago. It was tiny, a small bulb with about 3 quarter size leaves on it, now it has 5 leaves about the size of playing cards. Im not exactly sure how to split this plant when the time need be, any ideas? All the other plants, amazon sword and others grow so slowly I don't really see any growth until I look at old pictures.

Thanks for the comments on setup, I really wanted a central decoration feature in the tank. The height of the tank also complicated how to work in ornaments to make it proportional. The drift wood pieces in the center are about a foot and a half to 2 feet in length. If you have been reading my other current thread, I am about to have this tank replaced from the manufacturers warranty for a seal problem (no not leaking yet) so Im really looking for some constructive criticize so that when it all gets tore down for the new tank, I have some ideas of where I could imporve my aquascaping. Im going to bring the digital camera home from work with me this weekend, and then I can post a few clearer pictures.

I know this is an old thread buttttt...

That's the same exact tank and stand I own. I have been searching and researching to find adequate affordable lighting for this tank. Your tank came out beautifully, and that's the kind of look I'm going for. The only thing I'd like to add is some short grass for the front but being that the tank is tall, that might pose as a problem. If you could throw me some pointers on what you're using and obviously having success with, that'd be GREAT :):)

Very very nice tank =]

Mandy

Back
Top Bottom