My 75 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich311k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just starting to come together.

img_878176_0_0c1fd25bf9082476f465cbdb58378242.jpg

Wow. Completely amazing. Do you have any suggest on light fixtures and bulbs for my 5 gallon planted aquarium. It only has dwarf hairgrass as of right now. If you could leave a url of the light fixture site. Or a name. That would be awesome. Thanks!:)

Gorgeous tank! I'm going to be building a 75 gallon this summer, and I hope my tank can even come close to the beauty of yours.

Wow. Completely amazing. Do you have any suggest on light fixtures and bulbs for my 5 gallon planted aquarium. It only has dwarf hairgrass as of right now. If you could leave a url of the light fixture site. Or a name. That would be awesome. Thanks!:)

Check the good doctor's out. I'm not sure of the length of a 5 gallon, but I'm sure they(drs foster and smith) have just what you need.

i need to replace my turtle light for a new light fixture that will help my freshwater fish aquarium. while reading your post, btw your tank is AWESOME! nice work,i came across some newbie questions:

what is the difference between T-5 and a PC?

Why do you have two different bulbs? at different wattages?

i went to the website you suggested, but i am hesitant because there may b something better than what i'm looking at.

"the guy at the fish store" told me he didn't like to use flourescents.
any reason?

if you, or anyone reading this has any suggestions on lighting my 24 inch tank please let me know!

keep in mind i can't spend $200 on a light fixture. i'm thinking $150 at most.

please help

thanks
;)
v

Last edited by a moderator:
How much light are you looking for? Are you prepared to add CO2 and ferts? There are a number of 24 inch fixtures available. You need to decide what your goals are.

Thanks for the compliments all.

no CO2 yet

i'm not going to do CO2 in this tank, but will in a larger tank and will use this as a QT.

right now i just want to maintain the plant growth of plants in the tank.

i understand that T5's are better than compact flourescents, but i do not know anything else really. i have a light fixture for a reptile tank, but i am willing to drop some cash on a new canopy fixture.

1, 2, 3 bulbs? help

the tanks in fish stores always have the lights on, i only run mine from 8-2 because i don't want to burn the plants. is this the right thing to do with the bulb i have right now?

when i get flourescent's <or anything better in the $150 range> will i be able to have the lights on longer?

also, the fish store in my area doesn't have a good supply of plant life, is it better to buy online?

i would like to maintain red tiger lily and get them to reach to the surface like lily pads. i also need a sword plant for hiding places, but would rather have something that branches like the fern in my front yard. you know, like thin feathery like leafs... any suggestions?

let me know if i'm going in the right direction.

v

Last edited:
hi,

liking the layout, especially the darker area's..

is that a madagascar lace plant in the center? quite small atm if it is..

they look so cool when they grow well.

best regards,

John

great looking tank rich what fish you like in there?ohh i just looked at some your other pics .you have that nice looking angel in there and german rams very nice.

There are two angels, a dwarf cockatoo, pearl gourami, 4 rainbows, and a featherfin syno cat in this tank. Here is a new photo.

img_887823_0_295ca66a403d7474bada763de5c2fad7.jpg

i had wigglers in my tank from my pair of angels but when wife looked they all been eaten...i told her there still there just swimming around somewhere lol

Back
Top Bottom