My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ey Daley! you need some jungle val in that bad boy!! Question.. EBA's.. does your male get extra dark gill plates after a good meal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I haven't payed that much attention to his gills after feeding but I do see that there are times the blue on his entire body appears darker.
I believe this to be true especially during the spawn as they are basically putting on a show for her and flashing everything they got.
I did see a spawning behavior this last time they were acting up that I had only read about till then.
The male picked a spot at the back of the tank about 2/3 up from the bottom and inverted himself on a 45* angle flashing all find for her to see.
The other male just swam around while he did this ritual for 5-10 minute periods.
I had just read about it like 3 weeks prior to it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also was looking earlier today at some corkscrew Val's now that I am running co2 I think I'll do better with it.
It did not like the metricide at all. I melted it almost every time.

Picked up some crypts and DHG from the LFS along with some other supplies for the 20L.
Got a generous package from my buddy Fresh20 (shoutout) and did some moving around and planting.
Pics later today when things settle down a bit.
Thanks Fresh20 again. ?

Update pics:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451693287.397260.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451693317.468057.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451693331.419124.jpg
Now wait to see if I can populate these cuttings.

Y'all gotta check out this app called "Super photo".
I did this pic and check it out:
Before:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451712775.430035.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1451712795.816741.jpg
Too cool if ya ask me.

It really is! It doesn't look as cool on ordinary things like the new Atari.

Got my hands on a nice Anubias plant today that I believe to be coffeefolia.
Was a little large for the area I wanted it so I had to cut it back and was able to cut it into 3 sections to get it to fit being as it was so big. Still wasn't exactly satisfied with it when I finished but I was afraid I would mess it up if I kept on moving it.
With it in my front corner filling it up and a new crypt behind it this front corner is gonna pop when it grows out.....I think.

Haven't updated in a while so here goes.
Plants are looking better now that I figured out I was starving them a little and upped the ferts.
Now I have to find a balance to fix my algae that has come in.
It's on the rocks, DW, and plants too. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456355027.535315.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456355046.603821.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456355061.006808.jpg
Work in progress and class is now back in session for me.

Back
Top Bottom