My Beast (150g "Cube")

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SnailPowered

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I haven't been on AA (heheheh) for quite a long time but I have been far from idle. I currently have a 150 gallon planted discus tank with 16 discus, 10 German blue rams, 30 cardinal tetras, 6-8 cory cats and three assorted plecos that I can never remember what they are. I'm currently trying to get some cherry shrimp and a few otocinclus cats to clean the hair algae up. I have also set up a 20g cube in my bedroom that currently has a few cory cats and some angelfish that my friend gave me. Each tank has a sump that was built by either me or Discus Dave's (who I get all my fish from). The Beast has a 29 high with sponges, porous ceramic and synthetic scrubby things that probably do nothing. The 20g has a plastic drawer system with two drawers for a wet/dry set up and then a Rubbermaid type container on the bottom for the pump and heater to sit in. Dave and I drilled the tanks ourselves which is much easier than it sounded and have had a ton of fun setting them up! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them. The tanks are super low maintenance with weekly water changes and rinsing the sponges once a month or more.

img_1653682_0_13cefbf9198337b1df56332807546601.jpg

img_1653682_1_4200ab30478df1f613d845b628de0ee9.jpg

img_1653682_2_e7db6606d0e534535bacd05697103506.jpg

img_1653682_3_a40b27a1ff1643c3ffc7a58f202ee44d.jpg

img_1653682_4_48c82e697b993ea08575e1ffa31932f1.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality, my camera got stolen :( using my phone for now.

SnailPowered said:
Hello all, I haven't been on AA (heheheh) for quite a long time but I have been far from idle. I currently have a 150 gallon planted discus tank with 16 discus, 10 German blue rams, 30 cardinal tetras, 6-8 cory cats and three assorted plecos that I can never remember what they are. I'm currently trying to get some cherry shrimp and a few otocinclus cats to clean the hair algae up. I have also set up a 20g cube in my bedroom that currently has a few cory cats and some angelfish that my friend gave me. Each tank has a sump that was built by either me or Discus Dave's (who I get all my fish from). The Beast has a 29 high with sponges, porous ceramic and synthetic scrubby things that probably do nothing. The 20g has a plastic drawer system with two drawers for a wet/dry set up and then a Rubbermaid type container on the bottom for the pump and heater to sit in. Dave and I drilled the tanks ourselves which is much easier than it sounded and have had a ton of fun setting them up! If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them. The tanks are super low maintenance with weekly water changes and rinsing the sponges once a month or more.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality, my camera got stolen :( using my phone for now.

Your tank is stunning I have black substrate aswell I think it makes it look so much better

Thank you for the compliments! I love this tank so much. Every time someone comes over they have to stare at the tank for at least 10 minutes (usually longer lol), even if they have been to my house before. I used fluorescent light covers for the filter "cartridges" and they are working out really well so far. This evening I actually got the sump set up so that I hook a hose to it and run it out the door then turn on my freshwater filter into the tank and it does a water change while I wander around my house doing whatever else comes to mind. It's super awesome!

I think my next big project tank will probably be an archer tank. My buddy Dave got 5 glass panels that are 4'x4' so we want to make a true cube tank and plumb everything through the bottom and have it be about 1/3 water.

Back
Top Bottom