My beautiful jungle val

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is in the process of completely melting from transplant shock. There's still what looks like a lot in there since I had so many but the leaves are bad of what's left. Should I just cut all of them to its bare root? Would that speed the process up as far as getting the plant going to send runners? They've been in the tank for about 6-7 weeks. I have root tabs in my sand and dose flourish twice a week. Lighting is a single T5 HO. 55 gallon

I would cut the leaves that are melting. How much light are they getting? Once mine are established I give them a little hair cut. This has always prompted runners for me. Sorry. Missed the light the first time. Is the bulb above them? They do like some light

I would cut the leaves that are melting. How much light are they getting? Once mine are established I give them a little hair cut. This has always prompted runners for me. Sorry. Missed the light the first time. Is the bulb above them? They do like some light
The fixture is raised about 3 inches. They're all melting

Do you know if the root systems are still healthy and intact? If so, the Val will eventually come back. You just need to be patient with it. With just Flourish, a single T5 HO bulb, root tabs, and no carbon supplementation, it is going to take some time for the plants to rebound. Plant growth will be slow.

Do you know if the root systems are still healthy and intact? If so, the Val will eventually come back. You just need to be patient with it. With just Flourish, a single T5 HO bulb, root tabs, and no carbon supplementation, it is going to take some time for the plants to rebound. Plant growth will be slow.

I'm going to assume the roots are healthy as they were very thick when planted. Obviously I don't want to disturb them. As far as lighting, I thought that was more than enough for Vals

I'm going to assume the roots are healthy as they were very thick when planted. Obviously I don't want to disturb them. As far as lighting, I thought that was more than enough for Vals

A single T5 HO bulb should be enough for the Val, but you'd have faster growth with carbon supplementation (in the Calvin Cycle, CO2 enters in, and through a series of steps, will produce sugar for plant biomass). You have low tech tank conditions for your Val, so growth, and plant recovery, won't be as fast as in a tank with pressurized CO2, daily ferts, and higher light, for instance.

A single T5 HO bulb should be enough for the Val, but you'd have faster growth with carbon supplementation (in the Calvin Cycle, CO2 enters in, and through a series of steps, will produce sugar for plant biomass). You have low tech tank conditions for your Val, so growth, and plant recovery, won't be as fast as in a tank with pressurized CO2, daily ferts, and higher light, for instance.

Go easy with the liquid co2 tho, tends to melt vals when first dosed. I'd start at a low dosage and work your way up over a few weeks [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom