My first dirted bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks great!!
If I have enough soil left over after doing my substrate changes in all my tanks, I'm thinking about doing some dirted bowls as well.

What would you suggest?

I've never kept inverts with the exception of the pond snails hitchhiking on plants.

Sorry for getting back to you so late. You could do an Apple snail. They get to be a decent size (they are really mystery snails but more colorful) but make sure you only get one of any snail. They breed like rabbits (as you know with your pond snail friends) when their are 2 as they have both reproductive properties (just can't breed with themselves). Just don't get a nerite snail as they have a tendency to escape as they prefer saltwater for breeding purposes.

Sorry for getting back to you so late. You could do an Apple snail. They get to be a decent size (they are really mystery snails but more colorful) but make sure you only get one of any snail. They breed like rabbits (as you know with your pond snail friends) when their are 2 as they have both reproductive properties (just can't breed with themselves). Just don't get a nerite snail as they have a tendency to escape as they prefer saltwater for breeding purposes.

Thanks for this information. And it's not late. I still am leaning toward keeping the vase full of plants, with no wildlife...:whistle:

But who knows - a month down the line I may change my mind, and now I have some knowledge I didn't have before.

Back
Top Bottom