My first (sparsely) planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, thats why I suggested crypts. Plus fish like plants and feel more secure in a nicely planted tank. My fish swim in, through, around, and under all the plants, they also sleep in them at night.

Thanks again, I am still learning all about this aquarium stuff.

I will see what I can find in my LFS's tomorrow.

Where in the US are you? I make an annual 'pilgrimage' to NYC And NJ to see family, my mum was born in Burlington NJ so still have family over your side of the pond. I'll be in Wichita in a couple of weeks again too (again) with work.

I'm in Saint Louis, Missouri, quite a drive from Witchita, KS I'm afraid.

I think quite a lot of places in the US are quite a driver from anywhere, I don't mean they are remote/cut off, I mean because a lot of the individual states are so big. I think quite a few are bigger than England, some even bigger than the UK (Alaska for example).

No luck with any Crypts today at the one LFS I went to, their plants were rather poor to be honest. I am going to try a couple more tomorrow.

I know how far driving in the state can be, if I go anyway but east I have to drive for hours before getting out of my own state!

Good luck on your plant hunting, post pic's when you get the tank done.

Back
Top Bottom