My first truely planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any plant will have to be kept trimmed. You can go with crypt Wendtii's, red, bronze, Mi Oya, or Florida Sunset. You could do a Red Tiger Lotus and keep it trimmed to the size needed. If you have enough light you could possibly do Myriophyllum tuberculatum, Red Myrio, or Telanthera Rosefolia (Alternanthera reineckii).

Those all look beautiful. I just wish I had a place where I could get plants locally. I have to order anything I want pretty much. Only place I have that has plants is the plastic tubes at petsmart and even that is about 40 miles away.

Those all look beautiful. I just wish I had a place where I could get plants locally. I have to order anything I want pretty much. Only place I have that has plants is the plastic tubes at petsmart and even that is about 40 miles away.

Almost all the plants in the 220g were ordered on-line. The rest I already had. The couple fish stores around here I won't get plants from. I just make sure I have a large enough order to make shipping worth it.

So I did decide to put the driftwood back in. The windelov java fern wasn't doing very well in my other tank. Sorry I can't get higher quality pics. I don't have Internet at my house so everything is done on my phone.

Attachments

• image-2036241156.jpg
    image-2036241156.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1661876363.jpg
    image-1661876363.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
Wow! I love watching how fast plants grow! Your tank is beautiful and I think that it's overgrown but in a pretty way, if that makes since lol. I love the dwarf hair grass, do you recommend it for me? I have a 60 gallon planted tank and am tryin to make a nice carpet and for one side I have dwarf baby tears making a carpet and in the other corner some dwarf sag made a nice carpet, but for the middle is just plain substrate- I have moderate to high light (about 1.2-2 wpg and a pressurized C02 system. Fluval stratum substrate. Sound okay for the hair grass? I love the way it looks and think it would make a nice center ground cover for my tank. Check out my tank at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/updated-60-gallon-planted-angelfish-tank-235985.html
Tell me what you think!

Wow! I love watching how fast plants grow! Your tank is beautiful and I think that it's overgrown but in a pretty way, if that makes since lol. I love the dwarf hair grass, do you recommend it for me? I have a 60 gallon planted tank and am tryin to make a nice carpet and for one side I have dwarf baby tears making a carpet and in the other corner some dwarf sag made a nice carpet, but for the middle is just plain substrate- I have moderate to high light (about 1.2-2 wpg and a pressurized C02 system. Fluval stratum substrate. Sound okay for the hair grass? I love the way it looks and think it would make a nice center ground cover for my tank. Check out my tank at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/updated-60-gallon-planted-angelfish-tank-235985.html
Tell me what you think!

Thank you. What you said does make sense. I know it's not everyone's preference but I was going for Somewhat of an overgrown look. As for the dhg doing well in your tank. I'm sorry but I'm not really sure. I'm running 4 watts per gallon and a ten gallon isn't very deep. I'm not sure what the minimum light requirement is for it. I do know it likes a lot of light. I did take a look at your tank though and I must say it is beautiful. I wish I had the funds to have a larger planted tank. Maybe someday. Oh and those are some gorgeous Angels you have there.

Oh yes I understand about the overgrown look, I am waiting for all my plants to grow out and then trim them a little to make it look nice, but still have the overgrown look to it. Thanks for the info you could provide though, I am now doing some research on the dhg :) good luck with your tank! :D

Oh yes I understand about the overgrown look, I am waiting for all my plants to grow out and then trim them a little to make it look nice, but still have the overgrown look to it. Thanks for the info you could provide though, I am now doing some research on the dhg :) good luck with your tank! :D

Thanks. Todd luck to you also. Sorry I couldn't be more help. This is my first planted tank so I'm new to it and don't know as much as I would like to. Rivercats has been extremely helpful to me so far.

Oh no it's fine this is my first planted tank too believe it or not I don't know lots either! And I seriously don't think I could have what I have right now without the help of Rivercats either! Sorry to stray from the topic of this thread and thanks again!

Oh no it's fine this is my first planted tank too believe it or not I don't know lots either! And I seriously don't think I could have what I have right now without the help of Rivercats either! Sorry to stray from the topic of this thread and thanks again!

No problem at all!

While moving stuff around I saw this guy. Can someone give me a positive id. Apple snail maybe? He's pretty fast as far as snails go. Best pic I could get of him.

Attachments

• image-3752591281.jpg
    image-3752591281.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 118
You need to get a shot of his shell for an ID but Tiger is right, it's not an apple snail.

Back
Top Bottom