My java moss keeps dying!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 25 gallon tank with 36 watts of lighting.

I bought java moss 4 months ago and attached it to my bogwood with a rubber band. Up to now, it kept melting until there were just a few strands left. I don't add much fertiliser, just a few drops a week.

Because of its strands falling off, I put the remaining strands in a floating container so it would be nearer to the light, but it started growing algae and most of the remaining strands died.

I then attached it to my bogwood again and all the strands came off. Like wth? I thought they were easy to look after!!! :banghead:

Are you dosing something like excel? That's very strange that your java moss would die like that. It's a very hardy plant with very little lighting needs. Are there other plants doing well in the tank? Where did you get the DW? There's a strange correlation with it and the moss's demise.

What fish are in there?? Certain fish will chow down on mosses or certain plants crazy fast

I have a planted with a pretty big variety. I added AR and overnight most of it was eaten :( totally surprised as none of my others were decimated that quickly. Needless to say it got moved to my guppy/RCS tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've found that flow plays a big part on Java moss. Not enough and it starts to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

No fish in my tank attack it. I bought my bogwood from Manor Aquatics Centre in Romford Road, Essex, England, so most of you wouldn't know it. I SOMETIMES (like occasionally) add a bit of JBL Ferropol and drops. But I don't use Excel. Excel is too expensive and too much for my tank.

I just found 2 strands in my tank and attached it to the bogwood using string. How long would it take until it covers the whole bogwood? My bogood is about 40cm long and 15cm wide.

No fish in my tank attack it. I bought my bogwood from Manor Aquatics Centre in Romford Road, Essex, England, so most of you wouldn't know it. I SOMETIMES (like occasionally) add a bit of JBL Ferropol and drops. But I don't use Excel. Excel is too expensive and too much for my tank.

I just found 2 strands in my tank and attached it to the bogwood using string. How long would it take until it covers the whole bogwood? My bogood is about 40cm long and 15cm wide.

Java moss is very slow growing those 1-2 strand will take a while. It probably took me 3 weeks with a good sized clump.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422666758.377688.jpg

I love my fish!

Back
Top Bottom