my new Finnex Planted+ 24/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brothergc

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am excited ! :dance:
I just bought a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 from amazon for my 29 gallon planted tank . I saw all the features of this light and was blown away

I just ordered it so I will have it xmas eve .
I am hoping all the reviews of this light hold up . Right Now I am running 2 T5 HO on a coralife one 6700 k and a 10000k which I bought to replace a crappy Elife LED strip ( regret that buy lol )
Anyone else have one of these ?
will it be enough for dwarf hair grass ?

Just ordered one myself. With the right setup you should be able to get dhg going in that tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's an awesome looking tank :)

I have one of these on my 10g and at one point in time had a nice star Repens carpet going. My inexperience at the time crashed the tank before the DHG could settle in and go though.

Getting another one of these for a 20L build on Christmas :cool: definitely one of my favorite lights out there. Finnex never disappoints.

Caleb

Yep, got mine pretty recently! super cool light and I'm pumped about using it for the ten

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the 36" on my 40b. The DHG could use a trim every three to four days but I trim once a week. There's some I haven't trimmed and its within a couple of inches of the water line. I dose GLA PPS-Pro and DIY co2. New growth on japonica, too. If this is a low light, I don't want to see what I'd have to do for trimming with highs.

just got it installed and it is every bit as bright as my coralife HO with 2 bulbs
much cooler running .
My plants look good ! :cool:
Infact IMO it is slightly brighter , more defined . Plants show more detail look greener . And the shimmer effect is awesome !

Minor flaws , why did they mount the transformer midway in the power line :confused:
It causes stress, all that hanging weight , on the light fixture . I got around this by taking a old black shoe lace and tieing to one of my aquarium stands' rails . nice , neet, and out of the way .
next was the IR sensor. Thankfull that they included a velcro strip so no biggie their just mounted it to the side of the aquarium stand .

All in all though a very nice light I give it my thumbs up (y)

Mines sitting on the table, I will set it up later after family dinner.. i know what to expect so the anticipation is minimal at this point. Finnex has yet to dissapoint..

Mines sitting on the table, I will set it up later after family dinner.. i know what to expect so the anticipation is minimal at this point. Finnex has yet to dissapoint..

Do an unboxing vid....I mounted the sensor on the topside of the fixture....

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do an unboxing vid....I mounted the sensor on the topside of the fixture....

Yeah, join the 24/7 unboxing club along with me!

just got it installed and it is every bit as bright as my coralife HO with 2 bulbs
much cooler running .
Infact IMO it is slightly brighter , more defined . Plants show more detail look greener . And the shimmer effect is awesome !

Minor flaws , why did they mount the transformer midway in the power line :confused:
It causes stress, all that hanging weight , on the light fixture . I got around this by taking a old black shoe lace and tieing to one of my aquarium stands' rails . nice , neet, and out of the way .
next was the IR sensor. Thankfull that they included a velcro strip so no biggie their just mounted it to the side of the aquarium stand .

You'll not be disappointed,great bang for the dolla billz..

much cooler running .

I think that the IR sensor would have been better if it was on the power cord side. That way when you go to remove/move the light it isn't fighting against the side with the cord.

I'd rather have the ir off to the side. Less chance of interference. When I lived at my old place the current sat would switch on and off sometimes..
Had a bit of a tough time with the 247 at first, couldn't set custom setting?? after turning it on/off a few times it worked... hopefully that's a one time thing..

I'd rather have the ir off to the side. Less chance of interference. When I lived at my old place the current sat would switch on and off sometimes..
Had a bit of a tough time with the 247 at first, couldn't set custom setting?? after turning it on/off a few times it worked... hopefully that's a one time thing..

agree , leave it where it is :)
I had the same problem with the 24/7 took a few tries with the remote to get it going but works fine now

after a few days with this light I m nothing but impressed . I am noticing that my plants are perking up . My sword looking way better. I have one plant I got at petco ( no idea what it is ) but the upper 3rd part of it is turning a nice red color :cool: I am not using any ferts or CO2
This light out proforms my old coralife T5 HO ! (y)
Never dreamed that a LED would out do 2 T5 HOs Finnex did its homework

You'll want to start using ferts and a carbon source or algae may become an issue

You'll want to start using ferts and a carbon source or algae may become an issue

thanks ! I know , aready just starting to rear its ugy head. Just wanted to see how well the light proformed before I started using anything

Back
Top Bottom