My new tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JennMann

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have advice or comments about my new tank set up?
IMG_2041.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg

Do you have some root tabs in the substrate? You will need to fertilise the roots of your not using a planted substrate.

Also a dose of flourish and trace here and there would benefit your plants (if your not already)

Do you have some root tabs in the substrate? You will need to fertilise the roots of your not using a planted substrate.

Also a dose of flourish and trace here and there would benefit your plants (if your not already)

Yes and I will get that this weekend to help them. Thank you!!

Yes and I will get that this weekend to help them. Thank you!!

No worrys at all! They may also like abit of excel here and there aswell (It's also handy to keep algae away).

Those milfoil stems will keep you busy! Mine touches the surface every week ;)

Someone is eating my plant!!! Ugh!!!! I'm super upset about it!! I think it's my goldfish none of the plants were touched last night and I moved him over. He is a fancy calico goldfish. None of my other plants are really touched.
IMG_2079.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg

What is gh, kh, temp? Youve got cw, tropical, hard, soft all mixed in.

Your stocking is less than ideal. The bala shark will grow huge, bigger than your tank can handle.

Also the goldfish don't really mix well with your other fish. Guppies and neons may eventually become an expensive snack for them.

Your stocking is less than ideal. The bala shark will grow huge, bigger than your tank can handle.

Also the goldfish don't really mix well with your other fish. Guppies and neons may eventually become an expensive snack for them.

I just got an 80 gallon for the balas to move into in about a month. As for the goldfish I will end up doing the same thing for him and probably get him a 30 gallon so he can spread out and enjoy life if he starts picking on my other fish. So far I haven't had a problem with any of my fish. My glow lights and neons school together along the bottom while my guppies and mollys school together around the top and my balas school in the middle.

Well I ended up getting a 30 gallon and it's my Nursery tank with my neon and glow light Tetras in there with a honey gourami with my goldfish. IMG_3945.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3945.jpg
    IMG_3945.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3789.jpg
    IMG_3789.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom