My newly foliaged tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is my 20 gallon. I think my algae problem was due to the fact that I had too much light and too few plants, so I ordered some plants. I got 10 bunches of what they call "algae busting" plants. Just put them in yesterday! I am very excited!

img_231751_0_80be25963c196cebe78d22a7526e1cf8.jpg

Hey Lori,

Nice tank!

How many wpg do you have? I know when I switched my tank to planted, I had problems with algae. The folks here suggested some Anacharis. That solved the algae problem, but it's high maintenance in my opinion. Have to continuously cut the tops and replant while taking out the older plants, since the start looking scraggly since the plant growth stems from two forms, cellular elongation and new growth. I finally got rid of the Anacharis a month or so ago and now I have the algae problem again. I'm going to keep buying lower maintenance plants until the tank is balanced enough that the algae goes by by.

try like moneywort. i havent had em but you could try hornwort, camoba etc. might be a lil better than the anacheris

I have about 3.25 wpg. Anacharis I use more for floating plants than planted...although I don't have any in my tank now, I love them.

Back
Top Bottom