My planted 29g journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh forgot to mention how I love with my co2 system! Big thanks to everyone on here who has helped me with that!

Coralline algae, predfan, and river cats y'all rock!

I traded the koi angel for two baby angels not sure what kind since it was getting too large for my 29 I could tell the other fish were getting a bit intimidated. Here is some new pics of the tank and my new angels, I tried to get some of the cories but the rummynose tetras kept getting to get in the pics.

You can tell the crypts have skyrocketed but the hc isn't growing as fast as I thought so I'm looking into maybe finding some downoi to replace it. The only problem is I can't find it anywhere, if anyone knows I'm ready to buy!

The angel in the back looks like a platinum marble and the other one looks like a wild cross mix, not exactly sure about it. I can't get my rummy school in a picture... lucky you, mine run for plant cover!

HC is a sloooow grower, at least it was for me. I ended up replacing mine with Pogostemon helferi, which took some time to establish but once it did it took off like a rocket. I just love that DW! Tank is looking good.

Thanks! Yeah everything is growing like crazy but the hc. So I'm looking for that same plant to replace it I can't find it anywhere but its cool I'm patient!

Annakhil said:
Thanks! Yeah everything is growing like crazy but the hc. So I'm looking for that same plant to replace it I can't find it anywhere but its cool I'm patient!

Looking great! I just planted HC but I had the same worry so I got some dwarf four leaf clover and kept a tiny bit of glosso just in case the HC decided not to grow for me either. It may seem crazy to keep three ground cover plants (two only for back-up and maybe another tank) but nobody in my area sells plants worth having and shipping is so expensive.

Don't know where to get downoi, sorry man.

Finally found some downoi I aquarium and pond plants.com so I ordered a few bunches I guess we will see how it look when they come in.
Jets I want to see pics when your done!

I have a big Q

How do I trim crypts? Some of the leaves have gotten so long! I mean the stems are thick and tall do I clip at the base? Can I replant them after cutting them?

I have to trim crypts alot to keep them from getting too big. Just trim or thin the leaves you want out by cutting them as close to the base of the plant as you can. You can't plant cut leaves but if your plant has been spreading you can usually find the little expanding plantlets on the outer edges and you just pull them up and clip them off the parent crypt. They have roots already so you can just plant them whever.

Rivercats said:
I have to trim crypts alot to keep them from getting too big. Just trim or thin the leaves you want out by cutting them as close to the base of the plant as you can. You can't plant cut leaves but if your plant has been spreading you can usually find the little expanding plantlets on the outer edges and you just pull them up and clip them off the parent crypt. They have roots already so you can just plant them whever.

Exactly. I just had to trim my crypts today actually. I don't know how many I've composted over the years.

They grow so fast! I mean some are as tall as the dw, I guess tomorrow I will be cleaning and trimming up tomorrow.

I somehow got some ramshorn hichhikers on my plants so to keep it down I was going to order some assassin snails but when I looked into my 20g where I had two assassins in, they apparently had babies so I added three of the little ones here's some pics

image-3545297979.jpg

image-500653423.jpg

Lol trust me it was an awesome surprise! I was looking for empty ramshorns shells in the 20 and saw little assassins I was like well hello!

Back
Top Bottom