my planted tank, do i need to add anything?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluefire

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was wondering if there is anything else i need to add to my planted tank?

plants:
vals
corkscrev vals
amazon sword
water sprite
a few unknowns
will be getting:
java moss
type of anubas?

Lighting:
2 24 watt power compacts
adding a 28 watt pc if needed

should i add more lighting and/or co2

What size tank is it? If it is less than 20 gallons you may need to consider CO2 injection of some kind. If it is 55 gallons or more you probably should add the 28 watt power compact you mention. The Anubias and Watersprite are plants requiring low light levels while the Amazon Sword does best under brighter lights.

the tank is a 39gal and it would be quite easy to add the light and co2, so do u think i should do it?

CO2 can do wonders to stabilize a tank and, if it's easy enough to add, I say go for it. If you increase the lighting, definitely go for the CO2.

ok looks like ill go for another light and co2, just wondering are those diy co2 setups easy?

I've never used anything but pressurized CO2, but from everything I read, they don't sound too difficult at all. I'm sure there's plenty of good info here on AA if you run a search :)

is that so it doesn't change the ph?
if it is would i just be able to test it in a container of water instead of buying a test kit? because i do have a ph test kit but not carbonate hardness.

Back
Top Bottom