My Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
Z suggested I make a thread on my plants. Here they are :cool: The very bottom picture are 2 new plants and I do not know what they are, they were given to me for free.

Attachments

• Sword.jpg
    Sword.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Anubias 10g.jpg
    Anubias 10g.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Plants 5g.jpg
    Plants 5g.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 81
I got the ones in the first pic years ago and I don't know what they are either. Lol

#1 Amazon sword, #2 anubias Nana, #3 maybe, dwarf sagittaria. Hard to say with the grass one it could be a baby of a different kind. I'm pretty sure on the other 2 though. They look good!

Mondo grass? lol Maybe I should plant it outside in spring.

Leaves look too dark and the dermis looks “thick” (as in terrestrial). You can put it in a pot near a window for now. Plants that are not aquatic are often mislabeled as aquatic plants.

Yep, Amazon Sword, Anubias, Java moss and some sort of terrestrial grass style plant. You can leave it, but it will eventually die back. If you're looking for something similar to that, try dwarf sag. or a smaller helanthium species.

I got some frog bit and it has quite a bit of green hair algae with it. I have it floating in a cup in my QT tank. I've been sick and cut my finger pretty bad so it's been sitting. I'm planning on doing the H202 dip, but I am wondering if it is bleach safe?

I got some frog bit and it has quite a bit of green hair algae with it. I have it floating in a cup in my QT tank. I've been sick and cut my finger pretty bad so it's been sitting. I'm planning on doing the H202 dip, but I am wondering if it is bleach safe?

H2O2 dip, rinse, heavy dose of Seachem Excel directly following.

No bleach require with that method

My beautiful spiral Val melted away :(and the fish/snails took care of the leaves. I have root tabs in the gravel hoping it will make a comeback. The Anubias is the happiest plant in the tank it keeps growing nicely. The Echinodorus bleheri isn't too happy but the other type of amazon sword is pretty nice. I've decided to do the rescape next month with black colored blasting sand. My biggest challenge will be finding a light that doesn't cost a fortune so my plants will do better. The light will have to penetrate 21.6 inches -tall tank. AqAdvisor says my tank is 35.2 gallons. Also considering upgrading to a 55 gallon instead. Decisions, decisions. I really don't like how tall this current tank is.:popcorn:

There is some life left in the melted spiral val which gives me hope. Three days ago I hired some Oto cats and wow my brown algae (diatoms) are gone :eek:, I mean GONE. They have fat tummy's so I do hope they will be ok long term, they are so fun to watch! :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom