my semi-planted tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well this here are a couple of pics of my semi-planted tank.....

i call it semi because its not all planted just the middle of the tank... sorry for the bad quality i took them wit my phone, can you guys help me identify the plants i know i have:

2 amazon swords
a few anacharis
and the other 2 im not sure about the names

by the way i did a pwc when i added the new plants

yellow just added today and and i know 2 of the yellow ones are amazone but will you guys help me identify the other 2 plants the other yellow and the red one please

abrahamavelar said:
thanks do they grow pretty quick???? and should i add fertilizer to my tank?????

I've read that the swords are root feeders and need nutrients added to the substrate so as to stay lush

Thanks im looking for some liquid fert I seen the tablets n for my tank ill need to use the whole pack at once n I read that I need to doit twice a week to start off and after 8 weeks only wit the pwc

Look into osmecote plus in the garden section of q hardware store. I keep reading about it on here and tried the non-plus stuff and it's bringing my oldest sword back to life. If I recall it's got the same good stuff as those tab things and it's also time released

abrahamavelar said:
cool thanks im going to look for them im actually gotta go to home depot today, it wont harm my fish right????

I asked about if it would affect my invertebrates. I asked one of the more informed members and said the copper is insignificant. As for the fish, the only info I have is that nothing has happened to my goldfish after a week and a half. My goldfish are warriors though and survived my entire entrance into the hobby along with all my mistakes. When in doubt, go lower than you think on the dosage and make sure it's under the gravel. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom