my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themox

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys,

finally starting to see my little tank get some characteristics of its own and starting to really thrive. very excited so I thought I'd post it up to show you and maybe get some ideas/tips/feedback. don't be too harsh, I'm still kinda sorta new to the hobby!

specs:

30litres
small aqua one internal 101f filter
small aqua one heater
fluval 20 co2 kit and reactor

fish:

5 x red rasboras (unsure of sex)
3 x cherry shrimp (2 f, 1 m)
1 x otto (unsure of sex)

plants:

java moss (wall and around base of driftwood)
java fern (head of one driftwood pieces)
hemianthus micranthemoides (carpet)
amazon frogbit (floating)
duckweed (floating)
bacopa monnieri (back left and smaller offcuts on driftwood)

possibly also a small clipping of some form of crypt floating around. leaving this to hopefully grow to see.

the tank is in this state, approximately 1 month old. fish and shrimps were added today and seem to be loving it already.

I made the mistake of buying my plants slowly so it's been hard keeping the bacopa in the soil but I've since re-directed the filter flow so they don't get up rooted. I'm REALLY proud of my little carpet which is slowly forming. all that was from ONE tiny clipping of HM. my wall is slowly starting to creep through the back too.

would love some feedback. I do have a bit of algae on the main driftwood piece as you can see, and I'm not 100% sure if it's too much light that's causing it. I think it is.

to work on:

- my light : co2 ratio
- moving that horrible fluval reactor somewhere out of the way
- getting rid of algae
- placing something over filter in an attempt to breed shrimps
- adding more plants; some crypts possibly

all feedback welcome! I'll be updating hopefully once every few weeks.

(big thanks to mumma also and many others on here for giving me some great tips and feedback over the last year).

themox

image-648956051.jpg

image-1113212436.jpg

image-3445962580.jpg

image-461100557.jpg

image-486751701.jpg

All you hard work shows off!!! The tank looks amazing! I love that carpet! Lol instead of having that ladder diffuser, what about getting a normal glass diffuser?

wow thanks guys!!

yeah i'm looking to get a glass diffuser. i had one and it was so fragile it snapped >.<

will it work as good though? even though it's unsightly, this one does have close to 100% diffusion as nothing ever escapes.

i'll post some more pics when i can! some clear ones!

so excited.

Back
Top Bottom