My tank is about to resemble the jungle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
got a package of aponogeton bulbs from wal-mart and dropped 6 of them in my 3 gallon.
As expected only 50% (3 of them )have sprouted and 2 of them are now growing crazy and I think soon my tank will resemble the jungle.

The thing is I already have a fair clump of java moss in this tank, which is growing slowly and now these 3 plants. Is there such a thing as too many plants.
Check my profile for pictures before I put the aponogeton bulbs.

TIA

Hmmm... "too many plants" - extremely open to opinion. Here's my view. It's a FISH tank. I want to see the fish. If there is too many plants - then you have your answer.

I got some aponogeton plants from my brother who already had them growing. They looked super for a while then slowly started dying. I upgraded the lighting, substrate and water fertilizer and now they are a whole lot better - they look a little straggely though. A few short small leaves and few tall big leaves and nothing in between.

i swear i responded....

i love jungle tanks. as long as fish can swim comfortable, i think they prefer plants too.

Back
Top Bottom