My tank today , before and after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wufghi88

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got this used a few months ago and it's my favorite !! :)

image-1492570863.jpg

After....^^^^

image-4003941048.jpg

When I got it.....^^^

This is my 36gal first try

image-1495833069.jpg

And here it is today. Still work in progress . I have some driftwood soaking for it so I can re scape it.

image-1008227797.jpg

Thanks bottomfeeder88 I just started this hobby April 1st 2013. My girl wanted a fish tank and some fish so we got her a ten gal on her b day (April 1st) and here I am now lol she hates the tanks and in hooked!! Haha

image-3296928940.jpg

This ...^ is the first tank, the ten gal. Came a long way and still learning!

Really nice progression! Gone with the faux decor and in with the more natural. I like the black solid background too.

Thanks Brian! Where in AZ do you live? I moved to Alaska from Phoenix about three years ago. You have some great tanks!
I just re sealed the ten gal and I'm leak testing it now, so far so good. Lol I am going to try the planted tank with soil in that one and try to get a little more refined in my design on that tank. Haha but I'm sure ill change it about 20 times over before I'm happy with it.

Thanks Brian! Where in AZ do you live? I moved to Alaska from Phoenix about three years ago. You have some great tanks!
I just re sealed the ten gal and I'm leak testing it now, so far so good. Lol I am going to try the planted tank with soil in that one and try to get a little more refined in my design on that tank. Haha but I'm sure ill change it about 20 times over before I'm happy with it.

Thanks! I live in Scottsdale. I'm originally from California and plan to move back. This AZ heat is killing me! Wow, Alaska is quite the opposite. How's the selection of aquarium related stuff up there?

Haha that's funny! I am originally from northern CA (Lodi, CA). I hear ya about the heat in AZ I think I would melt there now. But after 15 years in the Arizona heat I sure appreciate the cold here.
The aquarium selection for fish and and other stuff is really not too bad. There are two lfs in anchorage and then the big chain stores .(petsmart, petco) I haven't had to have anything shipped up yet. But I have looked into fish and some other stuff online and shipping looks like its not going to hurt too bad.

SoCal here.. Used to live by the beach in Santa Monica.. Now I'm surrounded by desert and cactus! Lol

You should check if your local Petsmart is getting the new plants the rest are getting in the lower states. Just the other day they put up new tags for Pogostemon Helferi (downoi) and staurogyne repens. A bunch of others too.

Nice! I do miss the beaches of sunny So Cal!!! Thanks for the heads up on those plants, they are both beautiful and I have been researching good ground cover plants for the ten gal. I will have to stop by and look at their selection sometime soon.

Update. It has filled in a little. And I added a few more plants. :)

image-2125605773.jpg

And here is my 36bow :) I love all the reds filling in!!!

image-1829854897.jpg

My angel fish(moon and midnight) are growing like weeds!

I see a Fake Skull in there!!! How dare You!!! I thought you were going all natural!!!

HaHa jk, nice tanks, your plants look super healthy too, the only thing I don't like is the pink and white gravel in the 36gallon, but otherwise Great Job(y)

I hear that!! Lol I hate that rock in the 36. But I'm slowly getting rid of all the stuff my girl picked lol. I got the 29 so she could see what a natural tank looked like. So far I got rid of most the fake stuff in the bow front but she just will not let the alligator and gravel go yet!! Work in progress! Lol. Thanks for the complement. :)

Been kinda thinking about shrimp. I have seen some beautiful ones lately ! I don't have much experience with shrimp or planting with soil. Are they pretty hardy? (Shrimp) My lfs does not have much of a selection. Do you think they will ship well to Alaska ?

It's summer how bad can Alaska be in July? Lol
In Texas, was 109 today yeehaw! But seriously try cherry shrimp to start, they should survive the trip even if its USPS..
Very hardy very fun to keep.

It's summer how bad can Alaska be in July? Lol
In Texas, was 109 today yeehaw! But seriously try cherry shrimp to start, they should survive the trip even if its USPS..
Very hardy very fun to keep.

I'm from Phoenix AZ so I sure as hell don't miss that heat!!!! Lol it's not to bad up here we broke a record with a high of 82 this year!!!! Hahahaha. Thanks for the info and I have read they breed like crazy too lol. I can get those at my lfs so ill only have to worry bout shipping if I want some more odd ball ones. I have the ten seeded so my cycle should be short. And again thanks for the input I've been wondering what I was gonna put in there.

Back
Top Bottom