My tanks are in recovery mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coursair

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've moved and my tanks were badly neglected beforehand due to Injuries and illness and life.

But my plant club is coming to my house on Saturday, so I'm trying to reset what I can and dump what isn't working.

Today I pulled a bunch of Java Moss out of my 5.5 AquaSoil tank. I've saved it for the meeting. I pulled various plantlets out of it and put them back in the tank there was at least one tiny little anubias, a baby crypt, as well as other species hiding amongst the Moss.
Stuff is still flying around. There is no "scape" here. This was just a holding tank.

Tiny Anubias ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447797453.145961.jpg

10g was overrun with Vallisnaria that was along all the walls including the front. Wood and rocks had also shifted during the move. This will get redone but I got some clearance today. Took out a ton of Duckweed as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447797592.232297.jpg
One of my Corydoras pygmaeus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447797663.955787.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447797608.933584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447797608.933584.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 79
Good to hear that you're getting back into the game! Life is so unpredictable, sometimes stuff happens that we wish wouldn't. I'm tagging along to see you build everything back up!

I'm with Nils on this one.
Glad to see ya bouncing back and glad you have some local support for assistance. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks guys. I've got tons of sand to rinse before Saturday. Trying not to kill my back doing it.

When I'm all done I'll have 5 tanks running.
55g
10g Shrimp Jungle (less of a jungle this week)
10g Rimless
5.5g AquaSoil
5g Bowfront (Betta tank)

I still have a tiny tank or two around, but trying to not start any new projects till I finish unpacking.

I moved the stand for the 55g into place.

I feel your pain. Im in the middle of moving and my plants are soo bad its going to be nearly a total loss for me. Hope it gets back in working order soon!

Good to see you back cour, I feel you.. the month before I moved my plants took a beating. Ended up having to scrap 75% of over a years work.. at the same time it's kind of fun to reset and start it over again;) hit me up if I have anything you want/need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the empathy and the plant offer Brookster.

I'm also trying to fence in about 1/2 acre for my dogs. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933741.464517.jpg
Luckily only have to put up fence along 81' of the back side of yard. Front yard is big too. May have to consider a pond someday.

Water in my tanks is crystal clear. Added a cholla log and a IAL to my 10g. Waiting for them to sink. But wow I need to clean glass better before I take more pics ! LOL ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933984.530934.jpg

So question, is this Vallisneria growing along left wall ?? It throws runners like a weed. I'm in a plant club but I'm terrible at plant ID [emoji6]

So question, is this Vallisneria growing along left wall ?? It throws runners like a weed. I'm in a plant club but I'm terrible at plant ID [emoji6]

Maybe. It does look like like Val. There are some types of dwarf sag that get tall (12") and can cause ID confusion. Whatever it is, it appears to be happy. I'm sure the plant folks will be able to ID this in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I had to clear the front wall to be able to see my tank. This plant grew around entire perimeter. It likes walls and sending out runners. I had a light burned out twice over this tank, so it apparently didn't mind my neglect.

I added Excel to my newly re-set up 5g Bowfront and now I'm thinking that may be why it melted in that tank. That or it's sulking like a Crypt.

Plant was Sag.

My 55g is now up and running thanks to my club.

c7683564c36f2165a63bd9d1d3ff2326.jpg
b3cbb489aca3f62dc2aaaf3220506850.jpg
11f9737016765c4be0460ea085b64f49.jpg

More pics in my other thread.

That 55g looks awesome! Love what you did with the driftwood. Very nice plant and rock placement, can't wait to see it grow in!

It does suck when life gets in the way. At least your dog's will have quite a yard when you're finished! There's a furkids thread I started. If you haven't already you could post pics of your dogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That 55g looks awesome! Love what you did with the driftwood. Very nice plant and rock placement, can't wait to see it grow in!

It does suck when life gets in the way. At least your dog's will have quite a yard when you're finished! There's a furkids thread I started. If you haven't already you could post pics of your dogs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I posted my two Whippets in the Furkids thread.
Angie
d4db16559d94767bfabd5a339e1c8526.jpg

The before pic

5b2c26ddf1c6bb199956917205b6475c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom