My ten gallon low light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What do you guys think of this:

2x Vallisneria Gigantea (Jungle Val)...will plant along the back clustered in next to the Java Fern.

6x Sagittaria subulata...will plant on right side and in front of Crypts.

I'm just going to order from Sweet Aquatics, since they offer USPS and that's easier for me at my apartment.

That sounds like it could be cool. Are you using seachem excel? Vals are sensitive to it...

Curious how the sagittaria s works out. I have had my eye on it many times, but never put one in any of my tanks.

Only using Flourish. Was going to order excel to see if I can get my leaves to stand up more, but I'll avoid if it will hurt the Vals.

I really like the sags.

yeah, a lot of folks report big problems with excel and vals. I know some people have dosed it lightly without problems in tanks with vals... but others have said it completely killed them off. In a 10gal tank, it would be hard to spot dose, so if you go with vals, I would avoid it.

Cool, thanks for the advice fort. Went ahead and placed my order; $13.30 for it, shipping was 7 and change. Not bad at all, the sags were only 60 cents each. Can't wait for the extra species in my tank...bout time I got these vals! I've been wanting them for so long since BigJim recommended them.

I joined in with marconis and went ahead ordered myself some jungle vals too from sweet aquatics.

Thanks guys.

Nice! It's a really good site, great prices. Thank Aquarium1. He's the one I got the site from. Stinks about the holiday on Friday. I probably won't get my order until Monday.

Yeah, priority mail. I just realized that the holiday is actually on Saturday? My school has off on Friday for it (Lincoln bday) but the alternate side parking schedule for NYC says Saturday, so I don't know which day it is lol.

Regardless, it still hasn't shipped. I'm awaiting a shipment email from them. I want it by Friday!

I think they only ship Monday and Tuesday with priority so there is no chance of an extra day of shipping. Better to insure your plants are healthy when they arrive.

Ha, I read their shipping info not too long ago and completely forgot:

"USPS Orders typically ship the following week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday"

That's great, because then I'll have them for next Friday most likely. It'll be unfortunate if it comes on Saturday, because I'll be working 35 minutes away from my apartment for 10 hours. Want them to get in the aquarium asap!

I get most of my plants from my LFS and if they don't have it I just go to apc's buy, sell, trade or planted tank's classified for plants. If I want a bargain I go to aquabid.

I don't really like buying from big online stores. They never ship through USPS and charge a fortune for shipping.

Can you believe I just bought 8 pots of glosso and 2 pots of e. montevidensis for 35 bucks shipped off of aquabid?

My lfs charges 6.00 a pot for all potted foregrounds and 10 dollars for a pot of e . montevidensis.

I got 68 dollars of plants for 35

Anyways I like your driftwood. A nice carpet would make your tank look awesome.

Thanks Crepe. I like going to my LFS as well, but they've been slacking with variety of low-light plants lately so I had to resort to SweetAquatics. I am hoping the Dwarf Sags can fill in some foreground, but I don't know how big my "bushels" will be when they arrive. I ordered 6 and I hope it's not like 2 tiny strands on each.

My order shipped today, and as you mentioned, USPS is a huge plus. That's mainly why I ordered from them...it's cheap, quick, and comes right to my mailbox as opposed to UPS leaving a stupid note.

Daileene, did your order ship today? Want to get my plants on Friday, ideally. Only have one class so I can devote a good amount of time to planting.

I don't think you will be disappointed... I ordered some rotala from Sweet Aquatics, expecting 4-5 stems per bunch, and this is what came today. Some of the bunches have 20 stems! I don't know where I am going to put it. There is seriously enough to carpet 55+ gallons if you plant the stems separately. But the quality is top notch
Anne

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 121
Back
Top Bottom