Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2006, 03:47 AM   #1

My two 75gal planted tanks { lots of pics }

Ok I've looked at this area of the site for awhile now and figured it was my turn to show my planted tanks off. The frist tank went froma jungle to a low light planted tank.

Some of the stuff I have on the tank.
I have a 3 two litter bottles on my DIY Co2 system. keeps the Co2 level at 23 to 27
A hagans ladder difuser/ counter
2 whisper 80/100 HOB filters
A DIY shop light with 2 70w 67000k lights
A DIY moon lighten kit with 10 LED lights on it.

Ok some of the fish in the tank
1pr Apisto Njissi
1pr Apisto Cockato double reds
1pr Apisto Panduro
6 German Blue Rams 3m/3f
4 Kribs
3trio pr's Killi's
3 African dwarf frogs
3 dwarf puffers
2 Bumble bee Gobys
3 CAE's
2prs Black trogus guppys
1 zebra Pleco
1 High fin pokey doted Pleco

Yes I know I'm over stocked. But it's working fine and I have filtration to keep it flowing clean and clear.
Ok I've gone throw a few changes over the last yr. I thank I've changed the look 3 times over the yr beforeI found the one that work and looks nice to me anyway. I'll take any input on Inproving it.
Frist look

Second look now I liked this look but you couldn't see the fish. LOL

3rd look. I just fell in love with this last set up for some reason #1 is the way my fern growes up in front of the dwift wood.

Ok that's it on that tank Input welcomed even bad. LOL I know I'm no pro at planted tanks but like to try. LOL
Now the 75g dwrift wood tank or as i call it { The forest bottom }

Oh yea the old look of this tank

So ther's alook of my 75gal's hope you like them if not thanks for looking. LOL J/K
Old 05-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

I like the second look of the first tank best. I think the second tank has lots and lots of potential. That driftwood and placement looks great. How about making it a crypt tank or full of low growers, so you can let it get dense while leaving plenty of open swimming room for the fish?

wet.biggiantnerds.com
czcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Those are some great pics and your tanks do possess a ton of potential. You have tons of driftwood and I think having large portions of it covered with either java or xmas moss would look great.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #4

Thanks guys, czcz I liked the secound set-up to but the fish was always hiding in the cover and you couldn't see them. 3/4's of the time they where MIA. LOL I have to see them to know if there alive are dead. LOL J/K . I'm hoping the crypt wendtia in front of the drift wood will cover the front pretty good.
Jchillin that sounds great. If I could get moss here. I have no LFS to even order it from. If you have some of either one for sell? I'm all ears. I thank that would look nice on the wood. But I've tryed for 4 months to order christmas moss and havn't had any luck. If you canfind it and send it. I'm here 24/7 265 I'm not going to pay want the on line stores want for it thou, LOL LMAO

Tags
75g, 75gal, pics, plant, planted, planted tanks, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com