Mystery eggs? What are these little dots in my aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanTheGuppyMan

Aquarium Advice Addict
As lots of you know, I have a 60g planted angelfish tank. I added some nerite snails (about 12-16) and some Amano shrimp (about 30-40) a week ago. My algae Is now gone, but now I have a different mystery to solve. Right after I added the snails and shrimp, I noticed a bunch of these little white spots all over my plants and walls of the tank. About 5 dots in a row in each place they were. I began to think these are eggs! BUT- I know Amano shrimp AND nerite snails cannot breed in FW, only SW, and my angels are to young to start pairing off so what in the world could these be? Maybe the snails were breeding before i got them and just layed the eggs in my tank? I looked up pics of each organisms eggs and only the snails eggs matched up the pictures that mine are, which puzzles me. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I should keep them?

Pic #2

Sorry these pics may be horizontal...you see them on a small leaf of my corkscrew vals (which are growing and twirling quite nicely :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 68
Pic #3

So I guess all of these will be sideways. So sorry just look the best you can even if it means turnin your monitor/phone sideways :) thi is an Anubia I have and they are lined on the stem here...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 58
Are there any other fish in the tank? They look like when I had a Cory laying eggs all over my tank.

Oh yes! I almost forgot! I have one albino bristlenose pleco and one gold spot pleco in there...could those be it? And do you think I would get babies?

Ah, thanks jetajockey. I researched pleco eggs and they look nothing like the ones I have. But Cory cats do. I guess they are nerite eggs. Thanks for clearing that up! So do they go away or...?

You can remove nerite eggs from the glass with a glass algae magnet. For ones on the DW you can pop them off, I used the end of my 24" long tweezers. I just leave them on plants as they do dissolve in a few weeks. Also when I first added nerites to the tank I had a fair amount of egg laying a couple weeks after they were added but since then I only get a few eggs here and there and not too often.

Back
Top Bottom