Name that Moss! (Moss ID)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this moss hiding in my Flame Moss so I pulled it out. Can anyone tell me the species please???

Here it is pictured next to my Flame Moss (left).. Mystery Moss (right)...

ibiHpZE8Afex7g.jpg

Close Up:

i8cRv9ueOXWsd.jpg

I'm looking at pics online and it looks like Singapore or Taiwanese... which I can't really tell apart! LOL

Thanks guys!

I was thinking Xmas at first but someone said the fronds aren't close enough together... too much separation.

I'm thinking Taiwanese or someone else suggested Anchor moss.

Just trying to make sure. I tied some in SS mesh to try to grow it out so it can fully show its true form.

Yeah that's what I would do- xmas, spiky, anchor and taiwan moss all look very similar when looking at a single strand. It will probably be easier to ID once we can see the structure it grows.

Thanks guys... what ever it is, I hope it's something more exotic than plain old Java Moss! LOL

Hi Brian! Siberian Tundra Moss. Grows between the toes of caribu wading in the tiaga swamps. (Just kidding) Good luck and let us know what it grows like. OS.

Well I tied that little moss to a 2x2 square of SS mesh and it has grown fairly bushy... Still not sure what moss it is though...LOL

iri19Da66Dqnr.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom