Name that plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picture 1 is a Sword plant.
Picture 2 is Wisteria
Picture 3 is an Anubia
Picture 4 is Mondo grass which is not an aquarium plant and will die if left submerged

You can leave it in... but it is mondo grass. Not aquatic. It will eventually shed all of its leaves and die if left submerged, as rivercats said. The roots may continue to grow for awhile. I have even seen them grow a few leaves before the whole plant goes kaput. But, it is not aquatic.

Search Ophiopogon japonica and see what others are saying. Don't just take our words for it :)

Last edited:
They had them submerged in the water.lol guess that's why it seems to be dying.

Ok do I'm going to pull it out tomorrow. Guess I'll try to clip some of the wisteria to plant it in its place. Is it possible to grow another sword plant from a clipping?

you would need a portion of the rosette to transplant it - and it can be really difficult to do that without killing the plant. They propagate by adventitious shoots but it often doesn't occur in a small aquarium. They are 1 of the more difficult plants to propagate.

And of those plants minus the the
grass. Is there anything I need to be doing other than putting florapride in the water. I think I'm going to try to find a different bulb to replace the 15 watt

Ok guess I'll suck to the wisteria then. I've already cut them back once they grew really fast. Any other suggestions of plants. I would like a variety of different looking plants

Back
Top Bottom