Nano aquascape - "Autumn's Fall"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rastaman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Dimensions: 20x15x15cm - 4 liter or 1 gallon
Lighting: Chihiros Wabi kusa LED 13.5W
Filtration:DIY nano canister
CO2: Pressurised 1 bubble every 2 seconds thru nano glass diffuser
Substrate: ADA Aquasoil Amazonia, quartz sand
Hardscape: Seiryu stones, Redmoor wood
Fertilization: PPS pro, Easy carbo
Plants: Hemianthus calitrichoides, Anubias sp. 'Pangolino', Bucephalandra sp. 'Kedagang Mini', Rotala mexicana 'Goias', Microsorum sp. 'Dwarf Narrow leaf', Crepidomanes sp. 'Calicut', Hemianthus glomeratus, Rotala sp. 'Colorata', Rotala sp. 'Wayanad', Rotala sp. 'H-Ra', Rotala sp. 'Araguaia', Rotala wallichii

image.jpg

Day 1

image.jpg

Doesn't get much better than a Rasta nano! Loving the new scape man, keep it up!

Day 26

image.jpg

I was lazy about water changes, but not a big deal... Some GSA and GDA developed. Thrown in about 20 Leopard ramshorns, should be enough to clean algae.

image.jpg

Day 26

image.jpg

I was lazy about water changes, but not a big deal... Some GSA and GDA developed. Thrown in about 20 Leopard ramshorns, should be enough to clean algae.

image.jpg

Appreciate you posting a pic of a non perfect tank :) most of the pros tend to hide if algaes around :) growing in really nice!

Do you grow most of your plants from tissue culture?

Thanks Bert. Only HC was from tissue culture. Most stems were from emersed grow, and rest of the plants from my other tanks. ;)

Thanks Bert. Only HC was from tissue culture. Most stems were from emersed grow, and rest of the plants from my other tanks. ;)

Oh nice! I never knew u could grow rotala emersed, I've got a 3 different types of rotala in my 60 so I'll have to try it :)

Hi all! This tank is still alive. Seems all my photos gone... :( There is some problem with Postimage, hope they will fix it. Well, I will use photos uploaded on my blog... Situation:
I made some changes, first of all there is a new substrate - I am testing ADA Amazonia Light. All Seiryu stones were removed as they had too much impact on the water hardness. Also, some plants are substituted with more appropriat ones suitable for a long term maintenance. I am delighted with Elatine hydropiper, amazing carpet plant, perfect for nano tanks.

20.jpg

This is a new home for some of my CRS:

21.jpg

Your shrimp are looking nice and healthy, as well as the plants seem very happy.

I have been using Amazonia Light Since last August. (2017). After soaking it to eliminate excess ammonia leaching. It was still a fair amount not safe in my opinion initially for shrimp, but would be fine for starting plants and scape before you are ready for shrimp.

I had no problems with ammonia. The bottom layer (gravel) is from the previous setting and the filter was also cycled. I started with a dry start for 2 weeks, and 2 weeks after flooding I put shrimps in. I tested the ammonia before introducing shrimps and it was 0. :)

Back
Top Bottom