Natural plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many people do this but be aware when collecting as they can have many hitchhikers and can be hard to acclimate to tank conditions if they are alot different than the water temp and conditions they came from. My father used to collect and keep aquatic plants.

I clean my plants by either soaking them in a 50% water 50% Hydrogen Peroxide 3% solution for about 20 minutes which will kill many but perhaps not all hitchhikers or I lay in a papertowel in the sink with the stopper closed and literally pour the straight Peroxide over the plants then open the stopper and let the excess Peroxide out. I then wrap the wet papertowels over the plants and let them sit for 20 minutes. I don't rinse them but just put them in the tank after either.

Thank you very much,I am trying to set my tank up with everything I can find myself. I currently have sand I cleaned and boiled for hours and rinsed and reboiled,rocks and driftwood I have picked up from lake Michigan and creeks . I am not trying to be cheap just think its cool to gather everything my self and I love being outside.
Thanks again!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom