Need a little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rich311k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tank info:
29 gallons
130watts pc lighting

Dosing:
1/2 tsp KNO3
1/2 tsp No-Salt
1.2 ml Fleet
Every other day.
Traces to .2ppm Fe
Every other day.
7.5 ml Excel
Every day

50% water change every week.

Stats:
KH 2.2
GH 2.2
PH 6.8

So my question is. What is the matter with this stuff? Every thing else looks good.

Attachments

• rotala__large__134.jpg
    rotala__large__134.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 36
Possible calcium/magnesium deficiency? At only 2 degrees, with a 50% PWC each week its possible you are bottoming out on a macro especially due to your very high light (though you would expect to see this present in the hygro more). Greg Watson sells magnesium sulfate, and you can find a calcium suppliment as well. Maybe dose once midweek and see if you notice a difference. That slight amount of GW would also indicate a possible deficiency as your ammonia is not being used quickly..

Could it be Excel vs. anacharis/elodea popping up? They are not supposed to get along very well. GH is low also so that could well be the problem.

I was leaning towards GH myself. I guess I will start adding the Equilibrium on Sunday when I do my water change. I guess I will add 2 tblsps on Sunday and another on Wednesday. We will see.

The GW is almost gone you should have seen it 6 weeks ago.

The plant is rotala not eldoea. It has been living happly with Excel for months.

I just had a thought. Is that bit of Rotala older growth that has been around for awhile? It might just be that it's time to top and replant.

Back
Top Bottom