Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdcichlids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to set up planted tank #3, a 55 gallon. I want to try CO2, it will probably be medium-high light. What light and CO2 system do you guys like?

Thanks,
Cody

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, are you looking at DIY or bottle injected CO2?

I have a different tank size but find injected CO2 pretty easy once all set up. In Australia a ph controller / solenoid is not uncommon to control the CO2 level (switches off when ph drops to certain level) but others with drop checkers and bubble counters work just as well.

This link may help on lights. I prefer LEDs but have recently swapped back to a t5ho as a cheaper option (while I spent money on substrate and a backup CO2 bottle :) ).

Tips for a Successful Planted Aquarium - Aquarium Fish Forum

Pressurized Co2.

I'd suggest the aquatek premium reg with a 5lb. tank.
I use that exact same setup on my 40b along with the sera flora 500 inline reactor(to be used with appropriate canister filter or sump system)..no complaints here..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd suggest the aquatek premium reg with a 5lb. tank.
I use that exact same setup on my 40b along with the sera flora 500 inline reactor(to be used with appropriate canister filter or sump system)..no complaints here..

What canisters would work with that?

What canisters would work with that?

The canister will depend on your budget...sunsun canisters are a good cheap option,choose your canister based on your tank size..I use the hydor 250 with that reactor on my 40b with great results..

Would it work with eheim or fluval? How do you like your hydor?

The hydor canister is awesome!
Great flow & easy to clean...the hose diameter is smaller on the return to tank side which fits the reactor perfectly..no don't it would/could work with the other canisters you made mention of...

Back
Top Bottom