Need advice for spot treatment- looking for a long syringe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
I do occasional spot treating of algae. But I'm tired of sticking my hand deep into my 90gal. I haven't had any luck on the Internet finding a long syringe. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for a syringe longer than 6".

I do occasional spot treating of algae. But I'm tired of sticking my hand deep into my 90gal. I haven't had any luck on the Internet finding a long syringe. Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for a syringe longer than 6".

Get a turkey baster. They are really long

The baster will not work. I need to dispense small amounts of solution into the tank.

You can actually take a piece of airline tubing and connect it to the end of the syringe to make it longer. I have a 220g and I still just stick my arm in the tank.

Thank you both. I'll try the rigid tubing first. I attempted before but my syringe didnt fit. I'll find one that will. Tired of getting my arm wet. Lol. My lights sit right on glass and I have a cherry wood canopy.

Thank you both. I'll try the rigid tubing first. I attempted before but my syringe didnt fit. I'll find one that will. Tired of getting my arm wet. Lol. My lights sit right on glass and I have a cherry wood canopy.

Yeah I hear ya! Then you pull your arm out and it drips everywhere. Then you gotta clean the glass and floor

image-2668320751.jpg

Found this online to give an idea. I don't think they are cheap. I would go with the tubing tied to something rigid.

Yeah I hear ya! Then you pull your arm out and it drips everywhere. Then you gotta clean the glass and floor

Which is why my 220g planted is in the sunroom on a tiled floor! Learned my lesson when I kept my huge reef tank in the living room with carpeting... ugh!

Reef- that's what I'm looking for. I saw it online before but forgot to bookmark it. Thanks

Which is why my 220g planted is in the sunroom on a tiled floor! Learned my lesson when I kept my huge reef tank in the living room with carpeting... ugh!

Yeah wet carpet stinks and when your wearing socks and step on it, it sucks

I use a straw. It is a little stiffer than the tubing so I can get it exactly where I want it, then just discard it when I am done. I do this for spot treatment, as well as when I feed my ADF in my tank at work. I have a little saucer in there, and I put his food into it with the straw and syringe so he always knows where to find it.

Back
Top Bottom