Need advice on this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephensdrttnk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a white fuzz that has started to spread along the bottom of my 29g dirt tank. I'm two weeks in my new tank cycling it with plants. It looks like it is a build up of fungus or bacteria from the nitrates coming out of the dirt. I could be wrong tho, if anyone has any advice please let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 71
I dont know why but it looks like mold. I've never seen that before. The one thing I can say is you need to keep your plants roots under the gravel otherwise they won't grow

Oh thanks. Yea I need to trim those so the roots under the gravel will grow more. I planted them about an inch or more in the gravel.

As far as that white stuff goes just keep pulling it out until it goes away

Looks like dead BBA to me but unless you had black beard algae I don't see what it would be sorry

I dont know why but it looks like mold. I've never seen that before. The one thing I can say is you need to keep your plants roots under the gravel otherwise they won't grow

Plants will often send out aerial roots above the surface. This is perfectly normal

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399734462.414378.jpg

I do have a bunch of this Alternanthera reineckii that I tried to plant. When I bought it I let it float in the tank for awhile to try and grow roots and then planted them in the gravel. But they are not looking to healthy

It's a 29 gallon tank with a 15" T8 spectrum fixture. I know I may need another light, I just have not gone out to get one yet. From the top of the tank to the gravel is about 16"

Back
Top Bottom