need help fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shimpoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just turned on my tank lights thismorning and in my 30 gal there are what look to be eggs all along the water line... last night im pretty sure my 2 barracouta we "being intimate" with eachother BUT i dont know that much about barracouta offspring or even if thay lay eggs or not .. and ive never seen eggs so spred out and just everywhere.... so pretty much i just wanna make sure that they are infact eggs or if it could be some kind of problem... any and ALL help is greatly appreciated thanks

ph yeah.. and if they are eggs how long till they would hatch?? thanks again

yes thats right.. i should have mentioned they were fresh water

i have no idea about your problem but i tried looking around and could not find anything to relate them to your problem.....if they grow and get noticeable, update us....maybe you should make a log if since its so hard to find how they breed....good luck!

Any snails in the tank? Just asking because snails are more likely to lay their eggs at the waterline than most fish. But then again I don't know much about the species in question.

Are you planning to move them to a bigger tank? They can get up to 9" and a 30 gal is way too small. What you think are eggs are probably something else because spawning is very rare in aquariums and a 30 gallon tank would be too small for them to spawn in.

well im pretty much sure that they are in fact barracouta eggs since one night im flipping out watching them get it on and pointing it out to my girl friend every time the male got close in hopes that she would see and then the next morning there are eggs ALL over the place... they are way too big to be snail eggs and now they are big enough where i can see the embyo and its definitely a fish of some kind... i'm going to post some pics and a little bit (i hope) so readers can get some idea of what they actualy look like.... but regaurdless i KNOW that my 2 barracoutas were engaging in the act

well.. pics of eggs is pretty hard, especially when your trying to see whatever's inside of them

pics

Attachments

• eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44
  • eggs_282.jpg
    eggs_282.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 44
  • eggs1_159.jpg
    eggs1_159.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 42
i know the pics arent good but at least you can get an indea