Need help from my homies....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Age and maturity can be mutually exclusive (ask my wife). I don't look my age but that might change by funding two kids in college next year.

The syringe extension works best with a short length of air line tubing connected to a longer length of rigid tubing (the tubing commonly found in the old under gravel riser tubes). Allows for precise spot treatments.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Holy cow... college huh? careful with the loans man, they're still kicking my butt, worse so.. no degree to sopp up the tears hahah.. I have a big 500 ml syringe, I'm going to rig something up after work.. good tips!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What are going to do with a 500 mL syringe? Wow! I'm only using the 10-15 mL variety. Perfect for glut and h2o2 dosing in my tank.
Trying to minimize the loan route. I'll be cash poor for a while. I only have two tanks and they are in cruise control now.

What are going to do with a 500 mL syringe? Wow! I'm only using the 10-15 mL variety. Perfect for glut and h2o2 dosing in my tank.
Trying to minimize the loan route. I'll be cash poor for a while. I only have two tanks and they are in cruise control now.

I use for all types of things actually. Handy for siphoning the detrius out if filter box. It has 5 ml increments for measuring, it may only be 100ml now that I think about it.

I use for all types of things actually. Handy for siphoning the detrius out if filter box. It has 5 ml increments for measuring, it may only be 100ml now that I think about it.

True. I could see it being useful for a nano tank. I also use the syringe to create a jet to flush out the detritus that collects in the carpeting plants from time to time.

Here's another tip. I have one of those air pump shelves (plastic, hangs on side of tank) and it is handy while adding water back in the tank. An alternative would be the hang on specimen tank they use in the LFS when they catching fish. Drill some holes in it and use that to break up the water while refilling the tank. Like a sprinkler can for watering the flowers.

I have a 90° barbed end that is on the end of my wc pump hose. The clip hooks on the trim and keeps the end flat on the glass, this action disperse water in a rainbow pattern across the front of the glass. 350 gph and it doesn't even disrupt the sand. I like the jet idea too, man.. sometimes i accudentally back siphon and it kicks up a cloud of crap, effective but the controlled chaos sounds much better!

Hi Guys! I'm still kicking!

Just read the previous posts about me. Blush, Blush. I'm so glad I helped you guys some but your input has helped me learn a lot too. You guys are the best! Your knowledge now as I read your threads has surpassed mine and I am quite proud of you all. YOU GUYS are the experts now! I'm planning on being on AA more now. They have my dialysis adjusted well enough that I only have to take a nap afterwards to feel normal again.
I'm really impressed with how you guys have been so successful with the advanced plants and high tech tanks. WOW! WTG! I really enjoy your threads about the new plants and methods you are trying. Again, I am impressed and proud that you have far surpassed my knowledge level. I have digressed back to a low light, low tech tank with anubias, crypts and dwarf lily plant. It came out really pretty and is SO MUCH less work for me at my decreased energy level. I'll post a thread on my "low and slow tank" soon.
Glad you all are doing well. God Bless, OS.

Throw up the bat signal and....nanananananananananan batman!!!!! Hey scales! Glad you're feeling better man:)

OS! aka Batman :). Glad you're doing better. Would love to see the new tank. I ll never go to Co2, so right there with ya with the lilies, crypts, java, etc. But I love my tanks & owe it all to the good people at AA.
My only 'problem' now is the empty 75 gal in my garage......just need to find more space & more $.

Hey Rodeo,
I think "Fatman" would be a better name. lol
A lot to say for a low and slow tank. Kinda nice not to have to trim plants once a week. OS.

IKR? It always kinda catches me by surprise...like, oh geez... I should trim plants. Kinda creeps up on ya.

Hey Rodeo,
I think "Fatman" would be a better name. lol
A lot to say for a low and slow tank. Kinda nice not to have to trim plants once a week. OS.

Hey OS! That's what I have my low light shrimp tank for. No ferts (although I will be trying out Mebbid's root tabs), no CO2, no trimming (they are crypts).
The planted tank does keep me busy. Trimming this, replanting that, moving this other plant. Like herding cats.

Does this mean I shouldn't rush my plants into maturity. Lol wow trimming every week? That's a lot of work. I guess that's were my tank is headed.

May the force be with you.

Hey OS! That's what I have my low light shrimp tank for. No ferts (although I will be trying out Mebbid's root tabs), no CO2, no trimming (they are crypts).
The planted tank does keep me busy. Trimming this, replanting that, moving this other plant. Like herding cats.

You know nothing of my cat herding! Yahh.. i try a low light/low maintenence tank and they go ahead and squirt out 100 fry... good thing that doesn't require any extra work :(

@Brookster - The low light tank sounds ideal for raising the little ones. At least you won't have to worry about the plants.
@Krista - How often you need to trim depends on the plants you get and the lighting. Certain stem plants will grow like weeds even in low light. Others will grow so slowly they will not requiring trimming. Select plants that will do well with your setup, help achieve the look you are going for, and fit with your maintenance schedule.

Back
Top Bottom