Need help identifying plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peyton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought this plant a week ago but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

plant in the center of pic

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/peglegburnout/?action=view&current=Fishtanks07082006004.jpg

The LFS where I got it from had some non-aquatic plants in their tanks also so it might be just that. It has been sending out roots along the stem since I planted it. It is turning toward the light and seems to be growing new leaves too. I took some out of the tank to see if it would survive but it just withered up and died.

If I was a betting man, I'd say that is Green Hedge. I know because I bought those before myself. It's not a true aquatic plant, which is a shame since it's such a nice looking plant. I'd remove it now before it gets a chance to rot and start fouling your tank.

You might be able to plant it in a breeder cup- Those things you see Betta's in in some LFS's. It hangs on the side of your tank, and you can grow it emersed?

I feel for the same deal- I was buying Anacharis, and the saleslady talked like she knew what she was saying, and recommended Green Hedge. I'd never heard of it, but again, she sounded like she knew what she was saying.

I planted it in a pot last night and watered it. This morning it's all wilted. I hope it makes it. If it does I may use it in a betta setup, I like the looks of those.

Back
Top Bottom