Need help identifying plant please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Limpet

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to Aqua Forest Aquarium yesterday and have 1 plant I can't remember the name of :p. Any help with an ID would be greatly appreciated (plant is front/center of pic).

TIA

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110517_181245.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110517_181245.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 111
My first guess would be a narrow leaf variety of either ludwigia or hygrophila / wisteria.

Not exactly sure, but you could start your search there.

Hard to tell from your photo but from what I can see, the leaves remind me of emersed Mermaid Weed (Proserpinaca palustris).

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, but none match it very well. I just remember it's a new plant that's made it into the states recently (?). Guess I'll call them and see if they remember me or the plant.

If I get it figured out, I'll post the info.

Good luck! The only reason I mentioned mermaid weed is because of the detail on the leaves. Google has very few good pictures of it in it's emersed form. Most pictures you'll see are of it's submersed form.

2905367283_18bff7d39b.jpg

lol! Glad you figured it out. I don't think I've seen that particular plant before..it looks similar to mermaid weed but has more leaves. Very cool!

Last edited:
lol! Glad you figured it out. I don't think I've seen that particular plant before..it looks similar to mermaid weed but has more leaves. Very cool!

That is a great looking plant, I hope it does well for you.

Thanks!

I'm really happy with it and it's already grown an inch or so in the 2 1/2 days it's been in my Betta tank. Like the website said, it's a great contrast to the DW and darker ferns/mosses around it.

Back
Top Bottom