Need help with ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check Big Als Online here for price...dosage is 5 ml startup and 1 ml per day per 10 gallons for Excel and I think 2 or 3 ml per day per 10 gal

I hope the bottles are big. If not this will be horribly expensive.

I hope the bottles are big. If not this will be horribly expensive.
Right, so many use dry ferts and mix their own...I do using PPS Pro dosing regime but you won't need that until you up your light...

For instance, on my 10g, I have 28 watts of compact fluorescent light which is med high light and on my 20g long, I have one 24 w T5H0 6700 bulb which is med high/high

Well do I need to dose every day? How about every week? I will buy the 3 recommended products.

Well do I need to dose every day? How about every week?
For Excel, yes or every other day...it stays active for 36 hours..

For Comprehensive, every other day would work...the trick is to have it in your water column so the plants can use it...

Check the site below for different theories of dosing ferts...

Fertilizers and Water Parameters - The Planted Tank Forum

You can read up and decide for yourself...it will also give you the theory behind ferts.

Anyone else have any opinions. Should I get all 3 lot the things Mentioned. What about iron and the other ones?

Ok so I don't need any frets except for maybe some flourish? I have very low lighting

Ok well I am seeing some browning, so I think I should get some comprehensive.

The plants have not been able to take hole in the tank yet. If you are egger to get into the ferts then here is shopping list. But know that this will not help your tank and it will, IMO, make everything else you are going to try and do in this hobby harder.
K2SO4 (Magnesium Sulfate / Epson salt)
KNO3 (Potassium Nitrate / Stump remover)
K2HPO4 (potassium Monophosphate / Fleet enema)
Baking soda to raise Kh
CaCl2 (Calcium Chloride)
KCl (Potassium Chloride)
Everything on the list can be purchased at local stores like Wal-Mart and Walgreens.
Good luck if you choose to go down this path.

skenny try the exel. i have low light (48 w 0n a 45 gal. tank) and low light plants (make sure you get plants that require only low light) and the exel is all i use. once a day. dose directly into the tank. see how that goes before you get into anything else. the added carbon might be enough if you stick to low light plants. mine are doing really well. if some of your plants are getting brown try to remove the dead leaves if you can. rotting plants aren't good for your aquarium. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom