need help with lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
Some of you guys/gals may remember me, I have been around for a while. I hate to admitt it but my tankhas been somewhat neglected for a while now. i have kept up with water changes but not so much with stock and plants. Some back ground info I have a 100 gal. tank with eco complete some anubias, red crypt wendits and a few other low light plants that I can't remember . My stock has dewindled down to about 6 diff. kinds of tetras and one clown pleco and one BNP. Sad i know....
My Question I am needing new light bulbs my fixture has 4 65 watt bulbs I currently only run 2 the other two burned out a while back. i am wanting to get new bulbs, but I want some that are going to be good for my plants like the 65 watt 6700k lights but also some that make my fish look good. Do you guys have any suggestions. Going to try to start taking better care of my tank again.

I think that with PC bulbs, you'll be more by what you can find that's appropriate for freshwater than any other factor. Have you thought about going to T5s? It would be cheaper long run as you don't need to replace the bulbs as often (6m vs 12-18m)

i would love to go to the T5 bulb, but I just don't have the money for a 60 inch light fxture at this time. I was thinking maybe two 65 watt 6700 or 10000k bulbs and 2 50/50 bulbs. i think that should be enough light for my low light plants and still maake my fish pop a little.

is thereany certain place anyone is having good luck with as far as buying bulbs from. They are like 40 $ and up here in lubbock.

PC bulbs are expensive everywhere. That's another reason to consider T5HO. More of your money more often. A 5' T5HO can be gotten for fairly cheap from FNI or odyssea.

nerer heard of FNI back about 5 years or so ago when i bought my light set Odyssea was not very good product, people were having lots of issues with them breaking soon after they were purchased, have they changed?

Back
Top Bottom