need help with moss for my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry in my previous post i meant x mass moss.
im not a morning person lol

sorry in my previous post i meant x mass moss.
im not a morning person lol

its ok haha.
so how often do you clean it? and how does it get dirty?
algae? cause i plan on having some shrimps. would that prevent it from getting dirty?

i clean it every week
i just get a turkey baster and blast the stuff off of it.
i think that moss looks awesome in aquariums, so its worth cleaning it.

i thunk its just a mix of food, and a but of fish waste. the moss is really thick so it traps everything.

yea i may get a couple to clean up the tank a lil. if they breed then i could feed some to my african tank too lol

i clean it every week
i just get a turkey baster and blast the stuff off of it.
i think that moss looks awesome in aquariums, so its worth cleaning it.

how long does it take for u to clean it?
and what else moss do u have?

That's why I love it in Shrimp tanks. My Shrimp love to "groom" the Mosses.

ohhh so if i have shrimps in my tank i don't have to clean it as much. like the other guy does?
and do any type of nano fish eat moss?

Paulcm10 said:
ohhh so if i have shrimps in my tank i don't have to clean it as much. like the other guy does?
and do any type of nano fish eat moss?

I believe they will do most of the cleaning, but I'm pretty sure your going to have to brush it off from time to time.

No, I don't believe so:)

I believe they will do most of the cleaning, but I'm pretty sure your going to have to brush it off from time to time.

oh ok thanks! man you have been like answering all of my posts. I really appreciate it! :)

Paulcm10 said:
oh ok thanks! man you have been like answering all of my posts. I really appreciate it! :)

Yeah, of course!! That's what AA is for:) if you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a PM anytime!:)

I have so many Shrimp, I don't ever have to clean my Mosses LOL But Mine are mostly in Shrimp Tanks...I got a couple of Amanos for my fish tank that has a little moss. Plus when I clean my prefilters, my filter blasts a pretty strong current and that helps too.

Just to keep things clear Coursair is a woman ;)

~ Tina
Coursair Whippets
(my other hobby )

I have so many Shrimp, I don't ever have to clean my Mosses LOL But Mine are mostly in Shrimp Tanks...I got a couple of Amanos for my fish tank that has a little moss. Plus when I clean my prefilters, my filter blasts a pretty strong current and that helps too.

Just to keep things clear Coursair is a woman ;)

~ Tina
Coursair Whippets
(my other hobby )

ohhh okay. speaking of pre filters is that the sponge that goes to the filter so the shrimps won't get sucked in? if so where can i find one of those? I've looked at petco and they don't have it... :(
also do you have any filter shrimps?

ohhh!!! your a gurll! :)
did i called you a guy at one point or something?
if i did sorry haha

Paulcm10 said:
ohhh okay. speaking of pre filters is that the sponge that goes to the filter so the shrimps won't get sucked in? if so where can i find one of those? I've looked at petco and they don't have it... :(

if i did sorry haha

I believe fluval makes one, I got mine from my LFS that specializes in shrimp but I'm sure most LFS stores will have it. You could try buying a sponge filter and just take out the clear plastic tube out of the sponge then stick the sponge over your intake:)

Do you plan on getting one?:)

Yeah petsmart carries the fluval brand prefilter.

I believe fluval makes one, I got mine from my LFS that specializes in shrimp but I'm sure most LFS stores will have it. You could try buying a sponge filter and just take out the clear plastic tube out of the sponge then stick the sponge over your intake:)

Do you plan on getting one?:)

I think some sites tell me i should if i plan to make my shrimps breed...
what do u think?
and man I'm jealous i wish theres an LFS store down here that specializes in shrimp... :(
all they care about is salt water..

if i did sorry haha

I'm often mistaken for a guy using a name like Coursair, no worries.
I got a 3 pack of Fluval sponge prefilters off Amazon, cheap. Or Petsmart has them as singles. I recommend them even if your shrimp aren't breeding because they LOVE to graze on the stuff stuck to the sponge :) I only rinse mine out when they get clogged and then I have to shoo the Shrimp off. I turn off the filter while I have the sponge off, so no babies get sucked in.

I've had a Bamboo Shrimp a while back. He did great till I slipped up and didn't keep up on my water changes..water quality dropped and so did he.

Currently I have RCS, CRS (SS grade) and Amano Shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom