need info on plants low light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kickeralpine

Aquarium Advice Activist
k need help with picking some plants i have 135 gallon tank all fish and would like to add some plants .want easy plants to care for i have 100 watts betten 4 light strips i will be over driving them soon bulbs are 10k 2-lights stirps are 36 " and have twin 18inch bulbs in each other 2 light strips are 36" with single 24 inch bulbs they where on ebay cheap lol. so what can i put in there that will grow please give me ideas cause would like to go today and buy some. tank is clycled also 10 types of tetras one pleco and 5 ottos and real monster pieice of driftwood .

No problem Ketso, the subject in the link is appropriate to the post by the OP.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding your lighting setup and what you are intending to do. Are you overdriving all of the bulbs, some of them, none of them? FWIW, you will need a bit more than the usually mentioned 1wpg for that sized tank. Can you clarify the lighting setup?

ok light set up i have 4- 36 inch light strips 2 of the light strips have dull 18 inch bulbs in them and the other 2 have 24 inch single bulds in them im going to over drive them all the 2 with 18 dull bulbs will have a single 36 inch bulb when im done after over drive i should have about 200 watts of light. and thank you very much KETSO your link was very help full that is what i was looking for .

Back
Top Bottom