Need new lights for my 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rnbwfimmy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I've been in the hobby for a couple of years now, and have several heavily planted tanks. The lights over my 55 just completely up and died today because it was the first thing I ever bought and didn't realize until now they were total crap. It's an odyssea 48" t5ho with two 55 watt bulbs (one actinic one not). I use DIY co2 with surprising success. I mean seriously, my tank is some of the most densely planted I've seen at this size, I'm up to my ears in hygrophilia growing faster than I can trim it.
So clearly, I need to get some less ****** lights, cost isn't a major issue. But since I'm in the middle of a reef build I can't move on to pressurized co2 right now (don't have a place for it anyway), but I don't want to set the whole balance out of whack and grow an algae farm. What do you think I should be looking at?

Catalina has some very nice, affordable lighting with good reflectors. I switched over to them for my 100g and I've had much better luck with it than my Fishneedit and other fixture I can't remember the brand of (might have been odyssey).

Back
Top Bottom