Need plant suggestions 20g t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20g, 18" high tank and on it I have 2x24 watt T5 HO lights and have a CO2 reactor at the ready. Can I get plant suggestions?

On my mind:
Vallisneria Spiralis
Drawf Hairgrass
Amazon sword
Java fern
Misc.Echinodorus

Does anyone know any red-leaved plants? I understand they would probably need stronger light than what I have now so, really anything would be fine.

Any other suggestions?

Sunset Hygro has some pink to it. There's also Nymphaea lotus zenkeri 'red' and rotala sp. colorata has some hues to it.

l repens is a good one. personally not too fond of amazon swords in such a small tank. you will just have to keep it trimmed. there are also more redish swords out there. i would also think about some crypts great way to add color and easy to take care of.

I picked up some red flame swords from HN1, they really pull the tank together. Also have anubias barteri and something called 'Kleiner Bar sword' which is Echinodorus barthii x uraguayensis.

i just planted almost two weeks ago, if you're wanting some red, look at Alternanthera Reineckii (Telnanthera Rosefolia), mine has really taken off in the last 4 days. i have 2x54 T5 ho, and CO2 as well.

anyone know where to get any of the Sunset Hygro??? i've been looking for some for a while now.

thanks for your post.

Back
Top Bottom